Dream Gear Thread

There is no specific subject for this forum, talk about whatever you want.
Lynx

Dream Gear Thread

Post by Lynx » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:57 pm

Title says it all. What's your dream gear? How much would it cost? Pics pls?

Rules: Has to exist.

Here's my gear. I own everything. Get on my level.
Infographic.png
Don't take it too seriously, you're not coming out of it alive.

Atom

Re: Dream Gear Thread

Post by Atom » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:45 pm

Beautiful gear you got there...

Æternaeon

Post by Æternaeon » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:53 pm

I'm pretty happy with what I've got, I don't feel like I'd benefit much from anything else.
Sacrifice the body, not the heart.

Lynx

Post by Lynx » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:52 am

Æternaeon wrote:I'm pretty happy with what I've got, I don't feel like I'd benefit much from anything else.
I'm pretty sure you would benefit from panoramic night vision goggles, super-advanced-12,000$ thermal binoculars and an exoskeleton suit.

Æternaeon

Post by Æternaeon » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:19 am

Not really, since I don't go into pitch black combat scenarios and I've managed pretty well without all of that thus far. I mean they'd be cool to play with, sure, but I'd never take them on a night op.
Sacrifice the body, not the heart.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:06 pm

I'd love to see Crye start selling a combat shirt and pants in multicam black. So far there are only two companies I know of that are selling the stuff. Beyond that? I could always use more lockpicks, but I haven't been practicing enough lately to make it worthwhile.

Since this is a "dream gear" thread though, I'll add in a IIIA soft vest, waterproof handheld GPS, and a nice radio. Oh, and those game ears that fit entirely inside your ear canal and have integrated communications.
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

Lynx

Post by Lynx » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:53 pm

Ghost wrote:I'd love to see Crye start selling a combat shirt and pants in multicam black. So far there are only two companies I know of that are selling the stuff. Beyond that? I could always use more lockpicks, but I haven't been practicing enough lately to make it worthwhile.

Since this is a "dream gear" thread though, I'll add in a IIIA soft vest, waterproof handheld GPS, and a nice radio. Oh, and those game ears that fit entirely inside your ear canal and have integrated communications.
Sounds sweet, but really?

http://morovision.com/shop/anpsq-36-fus ... ystem-fgs/

Nobody wants this? The holy grail? This is some dream stuff. Imagine being able to quick scan areas for heat sources, no matter how good they hide. And did I mention the night vision?

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:26 pm

I'm more with AEternaeon on this one. NVDs are great for certain purposes, but I wouldn't be able to op very effectively in the areas I do wearing thousands of dollars of electronics on my head. I rarely op in total darkness, and not only are there a lot of random streetlight/floodlights around, but many times it's very foggy and humid, things that don't work very well with night vision. Combine that with fast-paced opping involving lots of climbing, crawling, and jumping, and you have the potential to create more problems than NVDs would solve.

If you were doing observation type stuff in a very rural area, or perhaps going into buildings where you couldn't risk a light source at all, they might have a justifiable use. But for me, that isn't too often. I look at them in a very similar light to firearms - yes, I love them and there is a lot of great kit out there, but they don't really have a place with me while I'm opping.
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."