Would you run? Strange Noises

There is no specific subject for this forum, talk about whatever you want.
Woden

Would you run? Strange Noises

Post by Woden » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:29 am

Just watching some video's of UE on youtube and this one made me laugh.

Code: Select all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fii99coWGvc
The last 35 seconds is what I'm referring to. Brings back memories where I have experienced strange noises in abandoned buildings.

I find it funny, majority of the time its probably nothing to be scared of. I have had similar situations where I have fled in the past but I find it very hard not to return and investigate. Curiosity killed the Cat. :D

I remember a time I was in an abandoned hospital alone. This place would have made a perfect setting for a horror movie, dead silence, very dark and an eerie sense about it. I was lone wolf at this place and was just slowly making my way down a hall way when all of a sudden I heard this odd moaning sound. The best way I could describe it would be to compare it to a zombie lol. I stopped. Dead silence continued for about 10-15 seconds, then an almighty scream/roar (Can't explain it) like I never heard before. Almost instinctively I jumped up straight from crouching into fighting stance. I was shitting it, just the shear volume of this noise was enough let alone how weird and unique it was. Well it took what must have been 10 seconds to leap down the stairs down the ground floor hallway and out the nearest window :D .

I'll be fucked if I know what it was but logic says some typed of animal maybe a fox with a messed up voice box.

Would be interesting to hear similar experiences if you have them.

Xanatos

Re: Would you run? Strange Noises

Post by Xanatos » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:46 pm

I've heard strange noises on ops before but nothing to that extent. There was one time on my way to the AO of one target where I had to cross along the other side of a field next to a creek and I heard this loud screech/scream coming from the vegetation just on the other side of the water. Must've been some animal in pain, but I tread very slowly and kept my ears tuned in that direction for some time. No other noise was heard unfortunately.

The only other time something like that occurred was when I was creeping across somebody's yard from the back fence and heard what sounded like a big, angry dog growling just a few feet in front of me. But it just turned out to be... a big angry dog growling a few feet in front of me, so I legged it.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Teutoni

Re: Would you run? Strange Noises

Post by Teutoni » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:06 pm

Well my group explored a building that we now call ding. It wasn't anything great but we didn't realize there was a sensor on the inside of the door and when we heard it for the first time it freaked us the fuck out as we thought somebody had just entered the building from the downstairs portion. Needless to say we left in a hurry. Other than that i've only heard Bobcats screaming off in the distance and they can sound a little humanoid at times which is freaky.
Keep 'em chained, boys!