knife fighting and hand to hand combat.

There is no specific subject for this forum, talk about whatever you want.
Roxas

knife fighting and hand to hand combat.

Post by Roxas » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:20 pm

as far as this goes all i know is a downward striked in a whip like manner and then parry
what do you know?
Last edited by Roxas on Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The problem with trying to be the bad guy, is that there is always someone worse

Xanatos

Re: knife fighting and hand to hand combat.

Post by Xanatos » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:29 pm

Erm... what?
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Roxas

Post by Roxas » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:42 pm

lol i just want to know if anybody has techniqes..or ways they fight?
The problem with trying to be the bad guy, is that there is always someone worse

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:02 pm

It's too broad a topic to simply ask "what do you guys know". The number of different techniques and disciplines in knife fighting alone are too vast to count.

However, if you're looking for a good introduction to hand-to-hand combat here's a PDF on the basics of Krav Maga. It lists the natural weapons of the body as well as its weak spots, and how to hit them:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?85i7l9v745ha8o7

Of course you'll have to do plenty of your own research, but that should get you started.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Roxas

Post by Roxas » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:07 pm

thank you very much xanatos

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:03 pm

Let me see if I can dig up some of my old knife fighting manuals. It's kind if impossible to teach without being there in person, but like Xanatos said, those plus hours and hours of sparring will at least give you a decent start.
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:11 pm

Indeed. While plenty of theory and study is a good help, you'll never be a match for somebody who's been in at least a few street fights and won. Until you know what it's actually like to hit and get hit by a person, all the theory in the world won't matter when reality hits you in the face at 80km/phr.

Captain Winky

Post by Captain Winky » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:03 am

my advice is read a motherfucking book on Rondel fighting or on Messers. AND practice a martial art that's focussed on combat or self-defense rather than competition such as Jiu-Jitsu, Krav Maga, Combat Sambo, Systema, Silat, Aikido, Hapkido, and various others. Having experience in a technique that works for you and will save you is infinitely greater than techniques that can be discussed. As there won't be time to think how to reply when someone is curious as to what you have eaten yesterday and wishes to take a look for himself.

If it were as simple as reading and understanding the techniques, I would be the greatest fighter in the world. Safe to say, I am pretty fucking sure I am not.

There are many ways to respond to a knife attack. And there are several styles of fighting with a knife in hand. The trick is finding out what works for you and practicing those techniques. I have little experience in Hapkido. And even though it's not a very popular style and there will be many a youtube and ebook taught martial artist that will tell me it would be a lot smarter if I tried a certain Krav Maga technique. basic Hapkido is what I have been taught, so that is what I'll stick with because that is what my body knows.

Ofcourse, if you have the friends and facilities to practice techniques you know from various styles, do that, but fucking train the techniques. And learn them so that you can execute them without thinking.
that's why roger podactor was murdered,
HE FOUND CAPTAIN WINKY!

snarexander

Post by snarexander » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:16 pm

xanatos nice link

if you really want to learn to fight go get in some, getting your ass handed to you a few times really will make you not want to have it happen again. ask your friends if you want to roll around. find people who know something and pick their brains. study and just watch your surrounding. get to know the bouncers at your local club. those guys have the experience necessary to watch the floor, know what's about to happen and handle themselves appropriately at the correct moment.

best advice though is go find a fight and see what your capable of. after that....train.train.train
never miss an opportunity to let people know you're better than they are

QuantumFisher

Post by QuantumFisher » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:06 pm

snarexander wrote:xanatos nice link

if you really want to learn to fight go get in some, getting your ass handed to you a few times really will make you not want to have it happen again. ask your friends if you want to roll around. find people who know something and pick their brains. study and just watch your surrounding. get to know the bouncers at your local club. those guys have the experience necessary to watch the floor, know what's about to happen and handle themselves appropriately at the correct moment.

best advice though is go find a fight and see what your capable of. after that....train.train.train
That's bad advice to tell people to go starting fights. First off, when instigating a fight, you have no idea who you are messing with. The person could be a trained fighter or a complete psychopath and may beat you to death, turn you into a paraplegic, stab you to death, give you permanent brain damage etc. etc. Not to mention you could be charged with an offense that would ruin the rest of your adult life. That's completely dumb.

Having some freak pound your face into the cement won't teach you how to fight.

If you want to learn to fight, then go gather up some buddies or join a martial arts gym where you can practice in non life threatening situations. Not only will you stay healthy, but you will be under the guidance of a professional who fought to make money. This is the best and most effective way to learn to fight.

Lastly, let me say this: Trying to learn how to fight from reading a book and kick peoples asses is like trying to become a rally car driver from reading a driving manual. The theory is nothing without the practical.

Don't go around giving others shitty advice.

Sincerely