boot camp....

There is no specific subject for this forum, talk about whatever you want.
Roxas

boot camp....

Post by Roxas » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:23 pm

ive been thinking for a while now and i think i want to go to boot camp... i think i need it. i think it would be good fpo me....what do you guys think...?
The problem with trying to be the bad guy, is that there is always someone worse

Ghost

Re: boot camp....

Post by Ghost » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:36 pm

Well, the only way to go to boot camp is to join the armed forces. So a better question to ask yourself would be: "do i want to dedicate up to 6 years of my life to serving something larger than myself, regardless of whether i agree or not with whatever they're doing at the time." Joining the military requires a pretty big change, regardless of which branch or status. Boot camp is only the start of a long, difficult journey that is often filled to the brim with SUCK. Then again, the benefits are great, and you can find opportunities and life experiences there that you won't be able to find anywhere else in the world.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. There are a few members here who either have served, or are currently serving, and we'd be more than happy to help out.
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

Teutoni

Post by Teutoni » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:13 am

What is your reasoning for wanting to go?
Keep 'em chained, boys!

Captain Winky

Post by Captain Winky » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:25 am

Most reasons for people to join the military is for their own reasons. Many complain about politics, but truly, politics is hardly a reason to go over there and fight. Really, some soldiers even go there because it's a way to get rid out of all the anger in their bodies and just shoot people. I have considered joining the diving engineers to get a job out of it in a field I love and wish I could get a job in.

But keep in mind, it's going to be a job. With the same problems even some normal jobs have. Many an army in the world is just too rich with Lieutenants just as fresh out of training as you and just sending you to your death because they don't know what the fuck they're doing, for example (and I don't have reason to believe they'll be having some fancy 'how to deal with feedback' clases, either).

Militairy training, so I've been told, is 90% mentality. Boys with average physical qualities go in there, and warriors come out. Not because they were sent through a rigorous training routine and were taught how to shoot. Because time after time after time they were pushed to their limits to be broken. And then some more. Not just so they can go on further next time, but so they can save themselves and push through problems no matter how battered, broken and bruised they are. If anything, it's a perspective changer that even I, not having been in service, can't even fully understand no matter how close I've gotten to soldiers and what they have taught me.

If you want to get fit and learn how to shoot a gun, heck even learn unit tactics and fireteam behaviour, keep in mind those are not the greatest 'benefits' of boot camp. And that all might sound promising and something great to learn now, it really is going to suck over fifty shades of shit once you're in there.

On the bright side, they discontinued the tuna and cream rations so most of them, especially pasta, doesn't even taste all that bad when cooked over a fire. So you've got that going for you at least.
that's why roger podactor was murdered,
HE FOUND CAPTAIN WINKY!

Roxas

Post by Roxas » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:56 pm

the main reason i ant to is to becom a man..as in growing up from a kid to a man. you know..?
The problem with trying to be the bad guy, is that there is always someone worse

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:52 pm

There are better ways to do that. First you've got to know what 'being a man' entails.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Roxas

Post by Roxas » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:38 pm

and in your POV what would that be?

Teutoni

Post by Teutoni » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:05 pm

What we consider a man isn't important. It's your view that matters in this instance.
Keep 'em chained, boys!

snarexander

Post by snarexander » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:09 pm

if you want to go just consider what you would be doing as a job in the military, not all of it is front lines infantry. being in changed me in a lot of ways and i would suggest to anyone considering joining to think about who you are and what you want. after that make a choice because thats your only freedom in life anyways. if you do choose to go in i doubt you will regret the experience. it may or may not end up being the thing for you but i doubt youll regret the experience.
never miss an opportunity to let people know you're better than they are

TweakFace

Post by TweakFace » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:02 pm

Boot Camp won't turn you into a "man" but it will give you a ton of discipline, and new set of skills depending on what you go in for and what training you receive.

I was in the Army a few years back and while yes the training has helped me tremendously, I hated being in the military. It's not for everyone.
"I am the Maser of my Fate I am the Captain of my Soul"