Gutters, Gutters, and more Gutters.

There is no specific subject for this forum, talk about whatever you want.
Ryuukai

Gutters, Gutters, and more Gutters.

Post by Ryuukai » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:39 pm

Okay so today I was walking around my neighborhood and I found all these cool roofs that I could get on. The only thing preventing this were the gutters.

Ex: I could stand on an A/C unit and jump up to reach the roof to pull myself up except there were gutters in the way.

So I was hoping someone could share how they get around gutters or how to climb them if there is a way.
Your help is appreciated and time is of the essence. I want to get my first op done tonight :D.

Xanatos

Re: Gutters, Gutters, and more Gutters.

Post by Xanatos » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:11 am

Sadly I don't know of any other way other than grabbing onto the gutters themselves and trying to support most of your weight with your feet, however this is incredibly noisy and gutters aren't designed to hold body weight. Perhaps if you could find some way of jumping and supporting yourself on the roof tiles? Or shimmy to some other side of the house that doesn't have gutters along the sides.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

snarexander

Re: Gutters, Gutters, and more Gutters.

Post by snarexander » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:26 pm

personally i've found that pinions are a good way to get a foothold halfway up a wall. a little noisy...scratch that really noisy unless your using a rubber hammer. but you still have the vibration of the impact traveling through the house. same thing with the roof a decent pinion can be stabbed into the roof with some force and can hold some of your weight if your careful without having to grab onto a gutter that bends and breaks with 150 plus lbs.
never miss an opportunity to let people know you're better than they are