What Do You Do?

There is no specific subject for this forum, talk about whatever you want.
Eden

What Do You Do?

Post by Eden » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:15 am

It is fair to assume that everyone on this forum either ops themselves, or is somehow involved in opping. You wouldn't be here if you didn't, right? I'm curious, though, what the members of this forum do when they aren't prowling the streets at night. What are your hobbies? What do you do for a living? Do you attend school? If so, what for?

I thought it might be interesting to get a feel for what oppers do when not opping.
I'll tell you a secret...The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again.

Illusion

Re: What Do You Do?

Post by Illusion » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:30 am

Studying Life Sciences (Chem/Bio) but looking to change into a Neuroscience or Biomedical Sciences programme. Work as a software developer (I've only recently returned to study, although I only stopped for 2 or 3 years); albeit part time now.

Hobby wise, a massive gadget geek (and computer geek judging by my work) but also a bit of a hard-on over photography. I also enjoy the outdoors, camping and so on.
"I'm not worried about this because I am too strong, too good, too intelligent, but I want to say to the others 'don't follow the stupid'."

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:11 am

Mostly playing videogames, watching shows & movies, going out for Parkour runs & sword practice and indulge in a little reading (which I should really catch up on). I live a primarily nocturnal lifestyle, but for university I'm forced to switch to a diurnal sleep pattern. I'm pursuing a BA with a major in Philosophy, although am looking to get into the sciences as well.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Absent

Post by Absent » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:32 am

I work with computers. I've made some money fixing them, I mess with servers a lot, I've dabbled in a bit of python programming and a bit of networking. It's a hobby. Maybe it'll be my profession someday. I'll be in college by this time next year if my current plan works out, although I have no idea what I'll be going for. I'm an avid reader. I'm in a philosophy class, and I've put in a lot of non-required hours reading up on it. What else? I'm dabbling in the arts of detection, that is, studying detective methods. I'm taking a course on foresic investigation within the month. Erm... I play a bit of guitar. That's about it, I suppose, besides the obvious night ops/free running/ parkour/ urban exploration type stuff.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:44 am

I spend a few months working active duty at my base, then take a few months to fuck around, then go back to work at the base again. Wash, rinse, repeat for the past couple years, with some longer training periods thrown in the mix as well.

Hopefully i'll get some college under my belt now that i've got this fancy GI Bill to help out with expenses, but so far it hasn't happened yet.
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

Neurotic Anomaly

Post by Neurotic Anomaly » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:23 am

I study Theoretical Physics and Biology and am currently contemplating a career as an astronomer/astrophysicist. My aspirations are to go for a Ph.D, and attempt one in Biology and other life sciences.

I've been seeing about any openings within the ICR (Institute for Creation Research) and any possibilities of becoming involved with them in my future. Now is a prime time for me, and anyone else interested, because the scientific community is currently undergoing some revolutions, namely in the fields physics and biology, even more precisely the Theory of Evolution, which is a bandwagon I definitely want to jump on.

As for hobbies, I'm a huge stargazer. Anything that deals with the universe I am a sucker for. While at home I usually play games or read and listen to music. I'm a big drawer and have quite a bit of personal artwork on hand. I have a Deviant Art account I'll give as soon as I can get it kick started.
שד ציד

Lucian Neo

Post by Lucian Neo » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:37 am

I'm more of a "Jack of all trades"

I do this and that. I usually allow around half an hour to an hour for sword practice (My tree is the target, apparently people don't care to have a sword swung at them.) I build things, anything from boats to small huts and buildings (Non-professionally). I make things out of rope and wood and metal etc. I don't do anything real special. I'm a laborer for anybody who pays. I carry things, work feilds, fix roofs. I usually pull up the internet when I'm not doing anything. I manage my Dead Frontier Clan, I run my clan website, and various other internet things. When I'm not managing something I'm usually planning for another Night Op.

I'm studying to become a carpenter and I'm looking towards getting an apprenticeship. (Very little schooling, almost like on-the-job training) But I study up on anything that interests me.
Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the hell is the ceiling?

People are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs;)

joshvillen

Post by joshvillen » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:08 pm

Work, Girlfriend thing, most of my free time for the past year has been dedicated to Rock climbing as much as I can...pretty much replaced Oping completely.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:29 am

Well good to see you're still alive at least.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Nukes

Post by Nukes » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:56 pm

When I'm not on chat on here (which everyone should get on right now as you're reading this) I'm a full-time student finishing up my high school classes while taking some general ed courses at the college I'll be attending next year. I'm a big theatre nerd and am currently assistant directing the theatre group that I grew up in. I've recently gotten into airsoft with Teutoni here and some other fellow oppers. I'm into LARPing a bit but no video games for me. I spend most of my days after school scouting and playing around with google earth or ogling over gear that I'm not going to buy.
Hey you! Yes YOU! Go here... http://night-ops.net/chat/