Lockpicking? Lockpicking.

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
Abraxas

Lockpicking? Lockpicking.

Post by Abraxas » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:00 am

Hey all, just wanted to make a big discussion on lockpicking in general (and other bypasses!) since no such topic exists. I've been watching heaps of videos on YouTube and playing with my Southord set that came in the mail trying to pick every lock I can find. This seems to be an underappreciated skill here even though everyone would probably agree that it's super useful.

Thus far I've picked through the venerable Masterlock No. 3 and a few no-name door locks. Have yet to attempt my deadbolt. What all have you been doing lately to sharpen your skills?

Also, check out this treasure trove:

Code: Select all

https://www.youtube.com/user/bosnianbill/videos

Regards.
Stay in the shadows.

Xanatos

Re: Lockpicking? Lockpicking.

Post by Xanatos » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:07 am

I don't practise lockpicking as often as I should, although the locks I come across are very temperamental. Some I can pick in under a minute, others I can struggle with for half an hour with no result.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Abraxas

Re: Lockpicking? Lockpicking.

Post by Abraxas » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:09 pm

I ordered two practice locks to get a better idea of things, I'm having a hard time learning SPP and without the skill raking seems to be a game of random chance. I also ordered up a solid aluminum stun baton with the intent to modify the power output and a few other things later, but that's another story.
Stay in the shadows.