Matching Difficulty in Dare Thread

Tell us how we can improve the night ops forum. Your suggestions and complaints are welcome.
theconfusedone

Matching Difficulty in Dare Thread

Post by theconfusedone » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:13 am

I'd like to make a simple proposition for the dare thread:

Could we make it a rule that if you do an EASY Dare then you have to post a relatively EASY dare, and if you do a hard one then you have to post a relatively hard one? I've noticed all of the dare options beginning to move towards being extremely hard as people who do easier dares post extremely hard ones... It would allow people to have many options in many areas of difficulty to pick from

Agree? Disagree? Just an idea
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -Siddhartha Gautama

The above post is completely hypothetical.

Xanatos

Re: Matching Difficulty in Dare Thread

Post by Xanatos » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:46 am

But then that way we'd just have a whole boatload of Easy dares. I'd definitely encourage a bit of diversity in difficulty suggestions though, I mean breaking into a military base isn't exactly as easy as a school.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Psychlonic

Re: Matching Difficulty in Dare Thread

Post by Psychlonic » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:13 pm

There's neither pressure nor official recognition for completing the dares anyways. The whole point of the dares were to get operatives active and perhaps find new opportunities along the way so we could keep busy. Try not to get too soaked up in trying to prove your prowess on here by racking up a dare count. There's nothing stopping you from setting your own weird challenge either, there used to be some strange ones a long time ago like arranging lawn gnomes on the roof of a house and snapping a picture of them.

Pranks might fall under something of a "bad idea" under the strictest sense in that they will leave evidence someone is around if you cannot replace everything that was moved, but at least they're harmless even if the owner will probably be upset anyways knowing someone just ran roughshod over any sense of security they thought they had.

Anyways, the dares are just rough ideas to follow.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.