The Lounge

Tell us how we can improve the night ops forum. Your suggestions and complaints are welcome.
Xanatos

The Lounge

Post by Xanatos » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:24 am

I think it'd be cool to have some sort of feature on the Index Page that shows if somebody's in the Lounge, like "NONET Chat (1)" if there's one person in there.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

kunoichi

Re: The Lounge

Post by kunoichi » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:44 pm

Sounds like a very good idea.
I was also thinking of something else about the chat lounge: It would be useful in my opinion to know when the others are typing; in order to avoid getting confused or talking about different subjects at the same time. Just like at msn or facebook chat or other chats. For instance: Kunoichi is typing...
I don't know if it's possible, but I think it would help a lot.
SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH :P
Society gets the kind of vandalism it deserves.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:48 am

Yeah, like next to your name in the right-hand column a little (T) or keyboard symbol could appear.

I'm not sure if it's entirely possible, but it'd be cool to have some sort of system that monitors Lounge traffic and shows when people are usually on the most.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Blue_Social

Post by Blue_Social » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:44 am

IDK about others but I don't mind the idea.
Nice thought. I'm for it!
"Eat healthy, exercise often, die anyways. Oh well, you might as well make your life as enjoyable as possible." ~Anonymous

Secant
Admin

Post by Secant » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:57 am

This is actually a great idea, it would be really convenient to see if others are in the chat. The problem is that phpBB and phpfreechat don't interoperate, and I don't have nearly enough free time to figure out how to kludge something together. Does anybody know of a chat mod for phpbb? Maybe something like that could integrate better.