Wtf, logged out after a few minutes of not being active?

Tell us how we can improve the night ops forum. Your suggestions and complaints are welcome.
lnsurgent

Wtf, logged out after a few minutes of not being active?

Post by lnsurgent » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:47 am

Is anyone else having this happen? This shit's annoying, and is partly why I hardly ever post here. I'll be in the middle of posting something, and the phone will ring. I stop typing for just a few minute and then I am logged out. Someone should fix this, because it's gay.

Psychlonic

Re: Wtf, logged out after a few minutes of not being active?

Post by Psychlonic » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:37 pm

This is the first I've heard of the problem, you should stay logged in for an hour or so by default. Are you positive it's not a browser setting? I'll check the control panel for your sake, but make sure the problem doesn't lie within Firefox or IE, whichever you may use. In fact, if you use one, try logging in with the other as well just to see if it still happens.

EDIT - I just checked, and you should stay logged in for an hour even if you do nothing. There's a time limit on how long you can be typing a message but it doesn't log you out if you go past that, you just get an error message but you have to be writing for ages to get that. In the past I've written some huge articles without seeing that so I would definitely suggest checking your browser settings. If anyone else encounters the problem, it could be a phpBB fuck up but the settings themselves are kosher.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Secant
Admin

Re: Wtf, logged out after a few minutes of not being active?

Post by Secant » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:26 am

I set the timeout to 60 minutes, so you shouldn't be logged out before then. Check that your cookies aren't being deleted somehow.