Handme downs

Tell us how we can improve the night ops forum. Your suggestions and complaints are welcome.
CookieThief

Handme downs

Post by CookieThief » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:34 pm

Every now and then people buy stuff they think they will use and don't. Opers do this as well and they are being wasted. So why don't you create a section for things given away or for sale? I mean it would help the newbies (Myself included). Just an idea. If you don't want to sell on this site you can have links to other sites. Anyone else agree?
The world is dark until your eyes adjust.

Xanatos

Re: Handme downs

Post by Xanatos » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:18 am

I prefer doing such transactions in person, but if others on this site wish to donate gear to each other I don't see why not.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Lynx

Post by Lynx » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:33 pm

Seems like a good idea. Now to find a way of anonymously mailing to different countries...
Don't take it too seriously, you're not coming out of it alive.

Secant
Admin

Post by Secant » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:43 pm

This could work. I just want to make sure that there is no liability for the forum though before we start it. Anyone know of another website that's done this?

CookieThief

Post by CookieThief » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:00 am

There is something called freecycle where people give stuff they don't need for free or trade with others. https://www.freecycle.org/

Couldn't you just put a disclaimer in the section saying the site has no responsibility for the gear?

Also how would you anonymously send something without revealing the location of both the sender and receiver, if they both want to stay hidden?

CookieThief

Post by CookieThief » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:12 am

http://www.qsl.net/n9zia/

At this site there is a section where people swap gear.