hexchat IRC guide for night-ops IRC

Tell us how we can improve the night ops forum. Your suggestions and complaints are welcome.
Absent

hexchat IRC guide for night-ops IRC

Post by Absent » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:06 am

Not really sure if everyone knows this, but there is a nonet IRC channel. I'm basically in there all the time with secant and vonunov, although there's not enough people to carry on much conversation. Someone requested a guide before, so I wrote one up. Here it is, pictures and all:

http://blog.darknedgy.net/technology/2015/07/02/0/

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask me. If I'm not around on here I'll be in the IRC (lololo), and/or on darknedgy.

I really should stop disappearing all the time, but oh well. Lots of stuff to do. I'll work on the nonet page for the wiki soon-ish.
Not sure when we're gonna launch the wiki, but it'll take a lot more work over the next year or so before it's in decent shape,
and we haven't had much time for it just yet. Not even sure if anyone remembers what I'm talking about right now, but oh well

IRC is really great for communities like this, especially if people auto-join and are always in there. Makes it much easier to converse
and keep things active and interesting. At least, that's been my experience on darknedgy... So yeah, it's pretty easy. I'd recommend
trying IRC out.

Xanatos

Re: hexchat IRC guide for night-ops IRC

Post by Xanatos » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:03 am

I'm in favour of having the IRC replace AJAX as our default chat service, although I tried logging into the IRC chatroom two nights ago and the page wouldn't display. Was it just a problem on my end?
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Absent

Post by Absent » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:08 pm

The IRC server is still fine, I'm in it now with hexchat, but the kiwi irc web-chat on port 7777 appears to be down. So yeah, not just you same problem here.

Secant
Admin

Post by Secant » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:06 am

Nice, thanks for making that guide.

Kiwi has been un-fucked, it's back up now. I need a monitor for it or something.