woop.

Are you a new member? Introduce yourself here!
Saaber

woop.

Post by Saaber » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:46 pm

As this is my first post in this forum, I just wanted to say that i have been studying about Night ops for a while now, and im heading out for my first one right now.
My plan right now is to just observe and just improve my skills.
Im just waiting for it to go dark enough so I can start moving.
So...Hi!:D

Saaber

Re: woop.

Post by Saaber » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:09 am

So, last night went smoothly, I had picked out two targets.
I packed all my stuff and wrote a note to my parents that i was going out to drink(yes, they allow me to drink, as long as i dont drink too much)
Half way there I remebered that i had accidentaly left behind my mask(fck), snacks and drink.
I thought, fuck it, im not gonna need it anyway.
well, near the first target point, there was nothing to see there, sat for about half an hour and gave up. headed to the next target point.
Took my place at the observation point I had picked out earlier and just sat there. The I got hungry(damnit.Note to self-Next time, make a list of things to take with you!)
Then i got bored and started to throw pebbles at the window, and got home.
thats it
FAIL:

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:54 am

Welcome to the forums Saaber. Don't worry about a boring first op, they'll get better as you progress. Glad to have you on the forum.

Saaber

Post by Saaber » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:10 pm

Second op was quite thrilling, because i got chased after. third one wasnt so fun because it was full moon and it was raining.
But after three ops and days of reading, practicing, im much more silent than in the first op, also im not afraid anymore.
Looking at the moon calender im thinking i can go opping again in the 11th july, as the moon is as light as it was on my first op which was quite dark for me not to be noticed.

nooner

Post by nooner » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:41 pm

You should do a full write-up of your ops in the experience section. The chase one sounds like it could be good, I wanna hear the details.
Eat your veggies...

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:02 am

Agreed, everyone loves an exciting story. Glad you're getting into it so quickly.

Saaber

Post by Saaber » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:58 am

It wasnt that much the guy gave up chasin me after a short distance.
I made a mistake by stepping on a branch, which cracked and made a loud noise, the guy was out for a smoke and when he came closer i lost it(i know, not the smartest move) and pushed him over and ran.im planning on going to an op while to moon is full. so what do you think i should wear?plain black or something else?
cant afford to buy woodland camos right now:)

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:27 am

Wear black if you make sure not to silhouette, wear a dark brown, blue, grey or green otherwise.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:04 am

Sometimes it's best to just throw on basic black, put a flashlight in your pocket and wing it. Never over complicate the preparation phase to the point you're worried too much about what you've got and what you're going to do. Learn to be confident in what you've already got and build from there.

You should comb over the techniques forum for everything you can. Knowledge is weightless, doesn't add any bulk to you, can't be dropped, doesn't shine, doesn't rattle, and you can't lose it in the grass.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:14 pm

Psychlonic wrote:Sometimes it's best to just throw on basic black, put a flashlight in your pocket and wing it.
Knowledge is weightless, doesn't add any bulk to you, can't be dropped, doesn't shine, doesn't rattle, and you can't lose it in the grass.
QFT

Saaber

Post by Saaber » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:36 am

A bit has happened since I last wrote.
One night op turned into a black op, after i decided to check out a shed in a garden.
Door was unlocked, so entry was easy. at first i saw nothing of intrest, but on a closer look, I found an old sovient monoscope(?) which btw is GREAT! far better than the binoculars i had before.I'm using it on my op now instead of the binoculars.
Also, i've become more silent than i was before, which is good:D

I'm planning to go for an op in the capitol city, Tallinn.
Great thing is, at midnight, all the street lights are turned off to save electricity(Great for criminals)
I have allready searched for possible targets, but nothing of intrest has come up yet:)

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:39 am

Sounds great, keep it up! Nice find in the shed, there are a few places around here I want to check out as well. Maybe in a few weeks time...
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Saaber

Post by Saaber » Sat May 01, 2010 7:32 pm

Well, alot has happened since my last op in august, got into a new school, physical fitness even more weaker than before and I cant seem to run as long as before.
So, decided that since I have some free time on my hands, why not go on an op.
Clothing:
Black hoodie
Dark baggy(ish) jeans(yeah, I know, not the best choice)
Black running shoes
Gear:
Binoculars

Anyway, Got out of the house at 23.43, walking slowly down the road I noticed that there was a HUGE fire in the forrest near my house, instantly freaked out thinking somethings burnin, I started running towards the fire, turned out to be a huge bonfire(seemed like a forrest burning to me).
Anyway, got on the highway, heard a car come down the road, since this time I didnt wanna be seen at all, I ran as fast as I could towards the side road(There was no place to hide near that highway) That run reminded me that I should have atleast taken a small bottle of water with me, mouth was too dry.
After taking a few minutes to catch my breath(Havent run that fast since...I dont even know) started walking to the target spot, a group of girls suddenly appeared from another side road, quickly jumped to the side of the road, layed on my stomach, and waited for them to walk by(If they would have seen me, it would have been awkward to explain since I knew two of the girls.
Started to feel a bit tired because of that run, but thought since Im that close to the target, just suck it up and go do it.
at the target house, jumped a relativley(Typed that right?) small fence and tried to stay as low as possible...Since there was nothing intresting there, I started heading back, took a different route(DUMB IDEA) which had a longer stretch of highway, also no place to hide there. So, what can go wrong, will go wrong, a car came from the distance, again, I ran as fast as I could to get to the forrest, managed to get there, that was the most tiresome run I had ever done, at that point I didnt care about the sound I made since I desparetly(Typed that right?) gasped for air, It also turned out to be a cop car, so if I would have walked normally, without a reflector and ID, they would have given me a ticket and driven(?) me home.
After that, basically I was seriously fucking tired, Climbed in from my window, took my towel and went for a shower(I take mid night showers, so nothing weird with that...for me)
All in all, not much purpose to that op other than the fact that I need to start training..and op-ing is great.
and my night vision is pretty crappy, any tips on how to try to improve that?

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Sat May 01, 2010 9:00 pm

Eh, there's no such thing as a perfect op. But a good warm-up nonetheless. Now that you know what you need to improve on, you just have to start training more. I've got to work a bit more on endurance myself...
Also, if you don't want to lug around a big drink bottle with you then just carry a hip flask full of water. It's slim & compact and can hold enough water for one night (depending on how large your flask is and how long you plan on staying out). Mine's a bit shiny though, but it fits in my pocket nicely. I should bring it more often.
Saaber wrote:and my night vision is pretty crappy, any tips on how to try to improve that?
Start doing more things in the dark with the lights off, the more you develop your nightvision the faster you'll adapt to the darkness. And, of course, do more ops.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Ysidro

Post by Ysidro » Sun May 02, 2010 6:14 pm

Saaber wrote:and my night vision is pretty crappy, any tips on how to try to improve that?
Eat more carrots.
“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security”
-Ben Franklin

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Sun May 02, 2010 6:45 pm

Eat carrots in the dark whilst on an op. :lol:

Saaber

Post by Saaber » Mon May 03, 2010 5:13 pm

Ysidro wrote:
Eat more carrots.
What?you mean more carrots? :roll: I'm like a carrot junky(Typed that right?)