Ready to learn

Are you a new member? Introduce yourself here!
SOPIT

Ready to learn

Post by SOPIT » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:00 pm

I am curently training to be a U.S. army SF weapons seargent 18B and i am looking for an information scource. Though i am primarilly here to learn i will try to contibute as well. (If any one has questions i am somewhat good at concealment and firearms knowledge.)

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:42 pm

Welcome, I hope you're able to learn stuff here and I'm glad you're willing to each.

Borninshadows

Post by Borninshadows » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:15 pm

Nice. It's great to see someone from the SF.
Got any tips for nighttime firearms use, with iron sights?
Legal Disclaimer: Everything I have written in the above post is most definitely hypothetical or written by a totally bored person

SOPIT

Post by SOPIT » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:50 am

Well you have 2 basic options

Cheap: find some kind of flourecent nail polish and paint a small dot on the top/rear of your fromt pin/bead whatever your gun has

Expensive: they actually make tridium light rail sights if that suits your needs. Im asuming that you want open sights so the weapon is lighter and less cumbersome so im guessing an ACOG or other advanced optical sights are out of the question

just be sure if you go with the nail polish thing that it is barely visable unless your looking straight down the sights (not hard to do just only use a small amount and place it carefully and be ready to wipe it off before it drys so you dont have to screw up your gun by using chemicals. If you decide after it dries however that you dont like were it is use a small amount of gasoling to get it off and imediatly rinse/dab with warm(not cold or hot so you dont warp the sights) water. I personally find the nail polish remover to be cheap and effective. but if you have the cash id go for the tridium sights. if you want ill find a place to buy em from for you.

Borninshadows

Post by Borninshadows » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:33 pm

I don't have that much money, the guns costed too much, lol.
But thanks for the info with the nail polish, that's a very good idea.
Legal Disclaimer: Everything I have written in the above post is most definitely hypothetical or written by a totally bored person

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:58 pm

Welcome to night ops. Not that it's too related, but what do you think of the beretta px4 sub compact?
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

SOPIT

Post by SOPIT » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:53 pm

personally i don't have much of a liking for beretta partially because i am a nationalist which adds a sense of cinicism, but also because they tend to be heavy. I don't have experiance with that specific handgun but i tend to prefer colt

Borninshadows

Post by Borninshadows » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:12 pm

Yeah, I have got to say, I prefer 1911's all the way; specifically a Kimber, or a Springfield Armory Hi-Cap 1911.

SOPIT

Post by SOPIT » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:39 pm

I agree