hello

Are you a new member? Introduce yourself here!
libertatempack
Member
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:52 pm

hello

Postby libertatempack » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:12 pm

Hello all,

We plan on posting packs every couple of months with various publications create by us or curated from around the web. We hope you enjoy.

Topics can range from economics to anything related to Bad Ideas.

if you have any questions just ask us below.

Thanks,
LP

User avatar
Xanatos
Moderator
 
Posts: 1993
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:51 am
Location: Right behind you.

Re: hello

Postby Xanatos » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:46 pm

Uh... you do know what we do here, right?
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

User avatar
Psychlonic
Member
 
Posts: 969
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:30 am
Location: The Arena

Re: hello

Postby Psychlonic » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:47 pm

I think the idea is just general fringe probably with some planned related texts here and there, even if it's rehash for us. We're mentioned in the pack as sites to visit along with a few drug forums and some others. We should keep in mind that although nightops.net branched out onto its own, we branched off from fringe forums. I think attempts to drum up interest in fringe in general should remain encouraged, everyone benefits even us as we could see some new users. I see that there is money making opportunities for the packs but that doesn't effect end users in any way so whatever.
There is a difference between those who feel safest in the light and those who feel safest in the dark.

User avatar
Xanatos
Moderator
 
Posts: 1993
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:51 am
Location: Right behind you.

Re: hello

Postby Xanatos » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:06 pm

We are a dying breed, I suppose.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

User avatar
Psychlonic
Member
 
Posts: 969
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:30 am
Location: The Arena

Re: hello

Postby Psychlonic » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:04 am

As time goes on, I'm not so convinced that we as a population type are dying out. Rather we're dealing with a generational shift. Many forums still flourish but as people grow older more things are on the line so they're less apt to post in places like this much less actually DO night ops or other "bad ideas". Meanwhile, the upcoming generation has plenty of people who are into what we do and other forums, but they're simply not aware of the format. There's no easy to stumble into websites anymore like &T. Reddit is popular, same with 4chan and I'm sure the rare user brings up forums there and that's when we get bursts of activity because the new gen is absolutely aware of those websites.

Social media and imageboards are pretty much the choice methods for younger people, while the older crowd has moved on to more "legit" forum discussions if they still partake at all. It would be worth considering how to bring the new generation reliably into the fold as I honestly think most just don't know we exist.
There is a difference between those who feel safest in the light and those who feel safest in the dark.

User avatar
Xanatos
Moderator
 
Posts: 1993
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:51 am
Location: Right behind you.

Re: hello

Postby Xanatos » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:19 am

True, although given how heavily surveillanced social media is I'm not sure how to approach that. It's difficult to advertise these sort of activities without attracting the wrong kind of attention.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

libertatempack
Member
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:52 pm

Re: hello

Postby libertatempack » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:54 pm

Xanatos wrote:Uh... you do know what we do here, right?


Yes we do know what goes on here, exactly why we chose to post here. These types of websites are dying out, and we want to save as much information as possible. And we are hoping other people will contribute info to us as well. We have thought how we wanted to release this info, We thought about a type of magazine that is one file and we would rewrite the info and give credit to the source, however we changed to this format because we felt it would take away from originality of the article. But we are not opposed to changing to a magazine formate.

If you do not want us posting here no hard feelings we will stop and you can delete post and account.

Psychlonic wrote:I think the idea is just general fringe probably with some planned related texts here and there, even if it's rehash for us. We're mentioned in the pack as sites to visit along with a few drug forums and some others. We should keep in mind that although nightops.net branched out onto its own, we branched off from fringe forums. I think attempts to drum up interest in fringe in general should remain encouraged, everyone benefits even us as we could see some new users. I see that there is money making opportunities for the packs but that doesn't effect end users in any way so whatever.


Our thoughts exactly we where one Totse years ago, and was sad to see that i had closed down, and a few other fringe sites we visted back in the day where gone as well, remember rouge science forum? Also what is your thoughts over all on this release and project over all?

Xanatos wrote:We are a dying breed, I suppose.


Yes and no.....


Psychlonic wrote:As time goes on, I'm not so convinced that we as a population type are dying out. Rather we're dealing with a generational shift. Many forums still flourish but as people grow older more things are on the line so they're less apt to post in places like this much less actually DO night ops or other "bad ideas". Meanwhile, the upcoming generation has plenty of people who are into what we do and other forums, but they're simply not aware of the format. There's no easy to stumble into websites anymore like &T. Reddit is popular, same with 4chan and I'm sure the rare user brings up forums there and that's when we get bursts of activity because the new gen is absolutely aware of those websites.

Social media and imageboards are pretty much the choice methods for younger people, while the older crowd has moved on to more "legit" forum discussions if they still partake at all. It would be worth considering how to bring the new generation reliably into the fold as I honestly think most just don't know we exist.


I see where you are coming from. However sense the close of totse there has not been another website like it. Sure there are some dark-net sites, however the barrier to entry is hight (yes i know all your need is TOR but to the lay users this can still be challenging.) There are fringe groups on reddit and 4chan however its just not the same and people are not as open as they where back in the day. Best of both worlds would be a totse replacement with the same large user base but on the darknet.

User avatar
Xanatos
Moderator
 
Posts: 1993
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:51 am
Location: Right behind you.

Re: hello

Postby Xanatos » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:31 pm

libertatempack wrote:If you do not want us posting here no hard feelings we will stop and you can delete post and account.

No no, it's just that we've had some crafty spammers in the past with similarly vague intros. However if you're willing to contribute to this scene then you're welcome to stay.

How long have you been lurking NOnet before you made this decision?
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

User avatar
Psychlonic
Member
 
Posts: 969
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:30 am
Location: The Arena

Re: hello

Postby Psychlonic » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:35 am

libertatempack wrote:Our thoughts exactly we where one Totse years ago, and was sad to see that i had closed down, and a few other fringe sites we visted back in the day where gone as well, remember rouge science forum? Also what is your thoughts over all on this release and project over all?


I have strong opinions of RogueSci. A lot of the PDFs I have are from their old FTP which also later became available in torrent form. That said, as amazing as it was back then I've learned that aside from the actual chemistry aspect that was the meat and potatoes of the site, everything else was basically "The NBK Show" who's ideas I would later learn were completely unfounded and would get people arrested i.e. trying to block PIR sensors with bubbles. He himself is a perfect example of someone who talked big on the internet then failed to actually be able to do anything he preached by leaving a clear trail to himself after murdering the guy in California. A "kewl" if you will, the very type he used to bag on. Oops.

My thoughts, well, I'm getting older man lol. I've learned a lot of shit, I've done a lot of shit. These days I tend to hatch my own ideas like "What do I want to do?" and then I go look up how to do it. If you had me like 15 years ago, I'd say your pack is GREAT. Back then, forbidden knowledge was enticing just because it was forbidden knowledge. I didn't care what it was. I think today there's a new wave of people who are just like I was and are going to enjoy it a lot. Just because I might not be super interested personally doesn't mean much, I tend to have a long attention span researching things that new up and comers just wouldn't have. This type of instant gratification type stuff is really what you need to drum up interest. People like me who stick around are probably already still interested anyway so there's no sense in targeting my type. If that all makes sense...

libertatempack wrote:I see where you are coming from. However sense the close of totse there has not been another website like it. Sure there are some dark-net sites, however the barrier to entry is hight (yes i know all your need is TOR but to the lay users this can still be challenging.) There are fringe groups on reddit and 4chan however its just not the same and people are not as open as they where back in the day. Best of both worlds would be a totse replacement with the same large user base but on the darknet.


To clarify, when I say forums are flourishing I mean that the idea of a forum at all is still good and well. The forum format clearly isn't obsolete. There are forums out there that cater to "our type" in different ways, even if some don't really carry the mindset. I think anyone who enjoys fringe forums knows what I mean - people who don't care about going into gray areas of the law as much. When you go somewhere and everyone is anal about being super legal beagle, I for one already know it's not my crowd. That might sound terrible, but that's how it is. I may still visit and even converse with them but I'll never be as candid with them as I am around here.

As for what's left, RogueSci sort of shifted over to Science Madness. We still have Erowid, Lycaeum, there's also Shroomery and I'm probably forgetting some others. High Tech Low Life is another fringe forum of sorts that goes into various topics here and there. It's still a shell of how things used to be.

What I'm not saying is that "things are fine", I've been lamenting about the decline of fringe forums for YEARS here while everyone just kind of went "meh". I know very well how long it's been in a state of decline. Most of what's left has turned into little circle jerks that aren't interested in quality info and just spam bullshit. I've tried to get involved in a few, but as the late Dark Kaiser would say, sometimes it's like feeding caviar to cattle.

Anyway, seriously I'm all for what you guys are doing. I tend to look less at "recipe books" so to speak but I'll dig around my drives and see if there's anything I look at and just think "This is full of a lot of cool shit". Is there any particular type of information you're pressed for?
There is a difference between those who feel safest in the light and those who feel safest in the dark.


Return to Greetings

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron