parents

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
-Clueless

parents

Post by -Clueless » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:34 am

Alrightt so here's the deal, my mom tends to be light sleeper and will wake up if she hears anything unusual in the night. I want to make sure she won't get up in the middle of the night. I don't have to worry about my step dad though, he is a pretty heavy sleeper.

My mom always drinks tea before she goes to bed, now I know this may sound a little fucked up, but will crushing up a sleeping pill and putting it in her tea put her out for the night?

And I know that I could avoid this whole thing by not making any noise, but my stairs are really creeky and jumping out my window is not an option.

TheSneak

Post by TheSneak » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:00 am

Ive had personal experience with poking a hole in a nyquil and draining the liquid into the victims drink. Not sure how it tastes though, so I would test it on yourself first, like one night before bed or something.

Boy was my friend out for the night though :P
The above text is completely made up and happened in my imagination.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:26 am

That sounds kinda risky, at least with being caught sneaking out, you're parents wouldn't kill you. being caught crushing a pill into your mom's drink though...? Just saying, do the risks behind this plan outweigh the benefits?
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

nomadx

Post by nomadx » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:27 am

i had a light sleeping mother too and really man i can honestly say trying to sneak out of the house is not an option unless you crawl on your belly. otherwise i'd suggest something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Fire-Escape-Rop ... dZViewItem

easy to hide, and pretty cheap too.

Evil_0ne

Post by Evil_0ne » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:10 pm

You could arrange a friend to come over and hold a ladder for you to go out your window then have him leave after. Do the same for returning.

note: If none of your friends will do it try to pay one like $5 or something.

-Clueless

Post by -Clueless » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:15 am

Thanks for the replies.. I'm 100% sure that I would not be caught crushing up the pill. I'll test it on myself first to see if it tastes any different. Evil one: I'm pretty sure none of my friends would do that, and plus, I have no money to pay them. I'll look into buying some rope to use to climb out my window with, but I'm not sure if I can afford any if it's expensive.

mib

Post by mib » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:54 am

Drugging your mom? I don't know man.

-Clueless

Post by -Clueless » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:29 pm

Borknik wrote:Drugging your mom? I don't know man.
yeah I know..but it's impossible to get out without her hearing.

-Clueless

Post by -Clueless » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:52 am

Tetragrammaton wrote:What makes your window unavailable for use? If it's simply the physical issue, there are plenty of solutions.
As for your stairs, you could probably try driving extra nails into them and covering them in heavy carpet if they are exposed. Walking along the edges of the steps will help, or even use the rails if you've got them.
Drugging your Mom is not only risky, but it's impractical. You can't expect to succeed every time you want to op.
I have a roof under my window that I can jump off of, but it's getting back up that is the problem, also it's loud when I open my window.

-Clueless

Post by -Clueless » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:02 pm

Tetragrammaton wrote:You can't make a rope ladder and grease your window frame a little?
I said I'm going to look into buying some rope and the window isn't a big problem, it's only getting it open is the hard part, once it is open a little bit it's quiet so I will just crack it during the day.

ruzam

Post by ruzam » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:01 pm

Got any pets? Take your dog and encourage it down the stairs...go down with him trying to blend the noise. Just camp out at the bottom for a few minutes to hear if she wakes.
Ye.

SilentKnight

Post by SilentKnight » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:55 am

This is an old topic so im sure you've already found a way around your situation. But if anyone else has this problem you can try crashing on the couch until your mom or dad goes to bed and just walk out the door. You may have to make up some lame excuse for sleeping on the couch but it might work.

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:15 am

I often just sleep over somewhere closer to my target and walk out. The other guys parents usually don't care or don't know. If they do they stop worrying when I tell them that my friends are night owls and that their son fell asleep and I didn't wanna wake him up.

hX_

Post by hX_ » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:03 pm

Or just walk out saying. "Ill be back tomorrow!"

What I'm doing this weekend as I'm "grounded" (too much partying). My arse! All my mum would do is "ground" me for longer or unplug my ethernet cable, a non-effective punishment as it doesn't exactly physically stop me from leaving and I could just sneakily re-enable the wi-fi from her laptop while she's out. The worst she could do would be to take my shoes, then I'd just have to hobble down to the shop and buy a new pair or borrow some off a friend.

Personally I usually sleep round one of my friends' house who's parents are the most heavy sleepers ever and don't mind us going out for a midnight stroll anyway lol.

gengreko

Post by gengreko » Thu May 15, 2008 5:41 pm

Dont put any drug in someones drink or digestable organic object unless you know there are no risks to it because what if your mom just happened to have taken 2 sleeping piilss already she'd probably die and it would be your fault for giving here that extra pill...

KolmeK

Post by KolmeK » Fri May 16, 2008 1:06 am

Drugging your mom? WTF is wrong with you?
KØÏmêK
Admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof. Consider making counter-accusations.

"Tell them of us and say,
For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."

-- The Kohima Epitaph

darkwolf7

Post by darkwolf7 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:40 am

Listen I had this same problem.

-start doing your own laundry and whenever you need want to op the dryer or washing maching should probly cover your sound.

-keep all your gear in the garage or outside or somthing.

this alows you to sneak down stairs in your boxers or whatever you sleep in get dress outside your house or room so that when you come home put your clothes back in the same hidden spot so that your parents will see you in whatever you sleep in if they do catch you just make up some exuse like you thought the dog was out side so you went to look, and if their suspicious just tell them that their is no way you would go out at night with what your wereing.
buy ninjutsu today!

crastmaster

Post by crastmaster » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:25 am

or you could just move out of your parents house.
the tip, the blade, the hilt, the hand, and the arm-assassin ranks death gate cycle

SOPIT

Post by SOPIT » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:19 pm

justbuysomefast rope and somedurable gloves

Borninshadows

Post by Borninshadows » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:36 pm

Make noises on the steps, then get back to your room.
The idea is to increase the False-Alarm-Rate,so that moving slowly down the steps, and I mean taking around 15 minutes, at least, won't wake her up, or wont get her out of bed/
Legal Disclaimer: Everything I have written in the above post is most definitely hypothetical or written by a totally bored person