Slight problem

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
Kaze

Slight problem

Post by Kaze » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:17 pm

Okay. I'm going to say this straight.

I'm pretty weak, and feel I need a lot more power behind me for various things (Ops included, naturally). My problem is that I'm 14, 5' 5'' and hate most sports.

I can't do rugby, football, any of that. I just want a way of toughening myself up, and I'm open to suggestions.

I heard people my age/size can't work out and things because I'll damage myself or whatever. I've done my research and it's not turned up too well.

Cheers,

Kaze.

Evil_0ne

Post by Evil_0ne » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:51 pm

that works pretty well to but when I first joined the site I was 13 and faced the same problem. I fortunately have a huge best friend who has a gym in his basement that lives down the street from me. All I did was lift weights at his house and run. Now I'm almost 14 and can dead lift 240 pounds even though I'm like 5'4" and 130 pounds.

update: now I'm 14 now, 5'7" 145 pounds and can bench like 210
Last edited by Evil_0ne on Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

420inchrims

Post by 420inchrims » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:05 pm

Evil_0ne wrote:that works pretty well to but when I first joined the site I was 13 and faced the same problem. I fortunately have a huge best friend who has a gym in his basement that lives down the street from me. All I did was lift weights at his house and run. Now I'm almost 14 and can dead lift 240 pounds even though I'm like 5'4" and 130 pounds.
bullshit!!
"Greatest in the world!"

Secant
Admin

Post by Secant » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:01 am

In my opinion, the best thing you can do for yourself is running. Getting your overall endurance up is far more useful for opping than is simply being very strong.

SilentKnight

Post by SilentKnight » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:03 pm

agreed, cardio is the most useful thing for opping IMO. what sucks is when your opping with other people and somone doesn't want to do a particular thing because they dont want to travel the distance.

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:29 pm

I'd say train parkour, it will work strength, agility, and endurance. And unlike other exercises it will increase certain infiltration related skills. Complement with some regular exercises and you'll be strong and skilled fast.

Alexander Terror

Post by Alexander Terror » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:37 am

I'd say build your mental strength.
The strength that you wield comes just as much as from your mind as it does your body.
You have to believe that your strong and not weak and I'm not saying be to cocky about it. But saying your weak will only keep you weak.
Do you see where I'm coming from?
We are the dead ones.
We are the lost cause.
We are the bend before the break.
Our steps seal our fate.
-Alexisonfire-

Evil_0ne

Post by Evil_0ne » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:46 am

420inchrims wrote:
Evil_0ne wrote:that works pretty well to but when I first joined the site I was 13 and faced the same problem. I fortunately have a huge best friend who has a gym in his basement that lives down the street from me. All I did was lift weights at his house and run. Now I'm almost 14 and can dead lift 240 pounds even though I'm like 5'4" and 130 pounds.
bullshit!!
I'm not trying to start a flame war but the reason you're calling bullshit is most likely because neither you nor any of your friends body build. (I don't consider what I do body build but hell, most people never leave their couch.) I also used lots of creatine and protein from my huge steroid-induced friend who is in to mma stuff. If you want results try NaNO-vapor (im sure its horrible for you in the long run and that's why I quit using it.)

ryangiroux1

Post by ryangiroux1 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:31 pm

You probably misunderstood what it meant by "can't work out." It means you shouldn't exsessivly lift weights because it will damage your muscle because you won't give it time to recover. You can still work out, just don't lift too much.
Maple-Glazed Jewcakes