Parkour: Lazy Vault

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
stealththief

Parkour: Lazy Vault

Post by stealththief » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:39 pm

I'm not always going to post long multi-technique posts, some will be only one move. It usually depends on how much time I have to write. This will cover the lazy vault.
The Lazy vault is used to cross obstacles in a fluid controlled manner that is slower but more controlled than the two handed or speed vaults I've already covered. It's often used to cross an obstacle diagonally (see ascii drawing):

Code: Select all

\  |
  \|
   |\ (the  slashes are the path of the traceur using the lazy vault to cross the bar which is the obstacle).
The vault starts like a speed vault except the approach is diagonal, the jump and hand placement are all the same but overall the vault is slower. Once the first hand is placed on the obstacle however the vault changes, the body weight is shifted downward (and possibly forward if distance is desired), to control the downward movement the rear/back hand is placed on the obstacle and used to control the movement and may be used to push off the obstacle for a bit more distance.