New training regime

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
darktorn

New training regime

Post by darktorn » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:24 pm

Basically I'm trying to compile a good training regime for myself. Im 5'9 and slim, not much muscle but I'm stronger than most of my mates. I am however extremely fast.

So i want to improve my strength for ops and other purposes. I want to get my whole body up to a reasonable strength. So far this is what i've got.

5x20 Ab Crunches
2x Flutter kicks until my body cuts out.
100x pushups
100x raised pushups
4x20 tiger pushups
4x50 neck nods
2x20 pull-ups
2x20 chin-ups

So I'm going for core strength at first but I need something for my lower back (preferably body-weight). And please give advice on the above regime. Also could anyone recommend some good speed/agility/flexibility training aswell as I want to maintain my current levels in those.
"The human being created civilization not because of willingness but of a need to be assimilated into higher orders of structure and meaning."

Valdravulfr

Post by Valdravulfr » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:15 pm

For lower back do back crunches.

Lie on your stomach and lift your upper torso of the ground. Have a hand on your back at first so you can judhe what point your back tenses.
Valdravulfr (Me) -"One who is not at one with himself, is not at one with nature."
Valdravulfr (Me) -"Around lots of eyes, it is easier to go seen but unsuspected, than not seen at all."

darktorn

Post by darktorn » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:02 pm

Thanks guys the help and advice is much appreciated.
"The human being created civilization not because of willingness but of a need to be assimilated into higher orders of structure and meaning."

ryangiroux1

Post by ryangiroux1 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:22 pm

I agree you can shred yourself just by doing pull-ups. They are probably the best thing for your body besides running.
Maple-Glazed Jewcakes

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:27 am

If you do only one thing and you have access to a large body of water, SWIM. It'll work everything, strength, agility, endurance all that.

ryangiroux1

Post by ryangiroux1 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:55 pm

stealththief wrote:If you do only one thing and you have access to a large body of water, SWIM. It'll work everything, strength, agility, endurance all that.
THIS. Running takes more energy, but you get just the same results from swimming. I Don't know why I didn't think of that. Swimming is the best thing for you.
Maple-Glazed Jewcakes