What to learn first

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
stealththief

What to learn first

Post by stealththief » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:23 am

I realized this too late because I feel that I have already learned my basic NO skills, but after training parkour with various groups of people watching their learning curves I've realized that if you spend too much time learning techniques and not enough time actually putting them into practice you won't be as good as you could be bu if you spend more time opping you learn technique out of necessity but are sloppy until you begin to auto correct. I was wondering how to find a good balance in training for teaching NO skills to others. Where did you start? What's the best thing to learn first and how would you re-learn everything if you could go back and train yourself?

Borninshadows

Post by Borninshadows » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:54 pm

I would teach by experience, as spirit and determination are the only true techniques you need to succeed. Without them, even with the highest techniques, you fail. The classical example: A survival situation in which the highly trained die due to a lack of will to live, but the people you would never (and I mean never) would think would live, do live, and only as they want to get back home.
Legal Disclaimer: Everything I have written in the above post is most definitely hypothetical or written by a totally bored person

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:11 am

That's true, technique comes with will. I'm going to integrate that into my training and that of those I train.

ryangiroux1

Post by ryangiroux1 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:25 pm

Practice makes perfect.
Maple-Glazed Jewcakes

Valdravulfr

Post by Valdravulfr » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:45 am

Perfect practice makes perfect.
Valdravulfr (Me) -"One who is not at one with himself, is not at one with nature."
Valdravulfr (Me) -"Around lots of eyes, it is easier to go seen but unsuspected, than not seen at all."