Behind Bars

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
Blackcell

Behind Bars

Post by Blackcell » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:54 am

So its been a couple years since I used to op on my own, now I have someone who wants me to teach them to op. Teach them the tradecraft of how to survive in the wild, what to look for, stealth, entry etc. Only problem is the reason I stopped so long ago was because I was nearly attacked by someone while infiltrating their house and later chased by law enforcement. My question is how do you older oppers deal with the stress of , if caught you will be charged with a felony. Possibly do some prison time. Do the cons and pros outway eachother? What makes you keep going out into the night?
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Evil_0ne

Post by Evil_0ne » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:53 pm

We are a special breed of people. We need that extra... "danger" in our lives that just following the same mundane schedule of work, eat, sleep, eat, repeat can't possibly provide us. We are more in touch with our primal instincts and we feel the need of that stress of being hunted and hunting at the same time used to give our earliest relatives. The need... the addiction almost outweighs the possibility of jail in the same way that a heroin addict doesn't care that he or she is killing him or herself just to get that high. What we do is much the same. Some of us chase the 'high' from evasion, detection, and success. Others keep coming back for the money and the souvenirs that they 'obtain'. Though the same can be said for all of us, Night Operations fills or used to fill that space, fulfill that need, for... the danger, the money, the 'high', and possibly most importantly the fun derived from learning, seeing, and gathering information from what is being withheld from us.

This is my definition of an opper and why they do it. This may not fit all of you here but it certainly fits me and most of those that I have had the great privilege to associate with and share information about the passtime, no... the lifestyle, that I love so much.

-evil_0ne

darkwolf7

Post by darkwolf7 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:38 pm

[quote="Evil_0ne"]We are a special breed of people. We need that extra... "danger" in our lives that just following the same mundane schedule of work, eat, sleep, eat, repeat can't possibly provide us. We are more in touch with our primal instincts and we feel the need of that stress of being hunted and hunting at the same time used to give our earliest relatives. The need... the addiction almost outweighs the possibility of jail in the same way that a heroin addict doesn't care that he or she is killing him or herself just to get that high. What we do is much the same. Some of us chase the 'high' from evasion, detection, and success. Others keep coming back for the money and the souvenirs that they 'obtain'. Though the same can be said for all of us, Night Operations fills or used to fill that space, fulfill that need, for... the danger, the money, the 'high', and possibly most importantly the fun derived from learning, seeing, and gathering information from what is being withheld from us.

This is my definition of an opper and why they do it. This may not fit all of you here but it certainly fits me and most of those that I have had the great privilege to associate with and share information about the passtime, no... the lifestyle, that I love so much.

-evil_0ne[/quote]

well fucking said.

if your worried enouph about it then do a search on "freedom card"

then go take some martial art of some kind
buy ninjutsu today!

st3alth

Re:

Post by st3alth » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:10 pm

Evil_0ne wrote:We are a special breed of people. We need that extra... "danger" in our lives that just following the same mundane schedule of work, eat, sleep, eat, repeat can't possibly provide us. We are more in touch with our primal instincts and we feel the need of that stress of being hunted and hunting at the same time used to give our earliest relatives. The need... the addiction almost outweighs the possibility of jail in the same way that a heroin addict doesn't care that he or she is killing him or herself just to get that high. What we do is much the same. Some of us chase the 'high' from evasion, detection, and success. Others keep coming back for the money and the souvenirs that they 'obtain'. Though the same can be said for all of us, Night Operations fills or used to fill that space, fulfill that need, for... the danger, the money, the 'high', and possibly most importantly the fun derived from learning, seeing, and gathering information from what is being withheld from us.

-evil_0ne
couldnt agree more. all day i wait 4 darkness. mind you, no actual infiltration yet, but soon. im just adjusting myself to night travel first.

Xanatos

Re: Behind Bars

Post by Xanatos » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:15 am

I've never been severely compromised before, but if anything escaping from a confrontation makes me want to op more.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.