Barbed Wire Fences

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
Yoshi Shinobi

Barbed Wire Fences

Post by Yoshi Shinobi » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:59 pm

Sorry about two threads, I just went on an opp and it's been swimming in my mind.

Yesterday I watched Fight Club. It's a good movie, but thats beyond the point. I'll explain it so anyone that's never seen it will understand this!

One of the main characters manufactures soap for a business. To create excellent soap he requires human fat. Anyways, he has to break into this fenced in area of some building to get the human fat. There is a tall barbed wire fence. He and a partner carry a good sized carpet/rug and throw it over the barbed wire, bringing it down with them once they are safely on the other side. Considering he probaply parked a block away and just jogged to the area with the carpet it works well.

Is there anything similar to this that you could use on an op where you are traveling on foot for a good distance? I'd imagine anything thick enough would be a bitch to fit in a backpack.
"Bree-Broow"

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:26 am

With thick enough gloves and some good foot wear you can climb right over and not get cut.

Phantom

Post by Phantom » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:21 pm

i've heard a leather jacket also works, but i haven't tried it to be certain.

Fosskers

Post by Fosskers » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:03 pm

I've personally tryed the rug method and it works like a charm.

The only drawback is that the rug likes to get caught and sometimes you leave unneccessary evidence of your activities.

Also, carting around a rug makes you look like a mental patient who thinks he/she has a magic carpet.

Ride on Aladdin.

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:24 am

A good way to carry a rug and any other bulky heavy stuff in an urban environment it to steal a shopping cart and throw on some bummy clothes over your gear and walk to your destination a homeless person, which are pretty common at night. Be careful of people who'll fight you or mess with bums.

darkwolf7

Post by darkwolf7 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:05 am

I live in a place with lots of barbed wire and the rug works great I roll it up and secur it to the top of my pack you dont want anything more than a really thing doorstep mat and I like it to have rubber on the bottom so that it dont get to caught on the barbs.

but if your nimble enough its real easy to shimmy up the pole of the fence and cimb over that way as long as your on a corner thats usually what I do when I dont want to tote a rug around.
buy ninjutsu today!

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:11 pm

I've climbed over barbed wire many a time before. As long as you're careful with your hand and foot placement, you can do it without any tools and not get hurt. Razor wire, however, is a different story completely.
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

Valdravulfr

Post by Valdravulfr » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:35 pm

True... Ive only encountered razor wire once. It was not pretty...
Valdravulfr (Me) -"One who is not at one with himself, is not at one with nature."
Valdravulfr (Me) -"Around lots of eyes, it is easier to go seen but unsuspected, than not seen at all."

ryangiroux1

Post by ryangiroux1 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:03 am

Oh god, razor wire is hell.
Maple-Glazed Jewcakes