Batcave

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
CookieThief

Batcave

Post by CookieThief » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:50 am

A tunneling/cache thread, with night ops in mind. A hiding place for gear, plans, and *cough other stuff. Anything from a hole in the ground to a makeshift shelter, would be very useful. Would this be a viable project? Any resources would be welcome.
The world is dark until your eyes adjust.

Xanatos

Re: Batcave

Post by Xanatos » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:03 am

I've done this before while staying at another house, just hid all my opping kit in the garage in a bag behind an old toolbox. You probably don't need to invest in decent security unless the gear you're carrying is highly illegal/suspicious for your area. Heck, you can probably hide your gear in plain sight. Dark clothing cam be mixed with your regular wardrobe, balaclavas & masks can be hidden amongst scarves, beanies and other headgear, B&E tools can be mixed in with other tools in the garage, you can hide your knife & other supplies with camping gear, etc. Less suspicious than having all that in one place.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

CookieThief

Post by CookieThief » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:22 pm

That does seem more effective then building a cache, if an opper would do it how would they go about it?
The world is dark until your eyes adjust.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:04 pm

If you owned property the fastest and cheapest way to go about it would be to get an old scrapped bus and bury it with the ass out in the open like a cold war shelter or some other similar option, but why would you want to for something like this? In night ops you don't need such an elaborate set up. For other things, sure, but that's outside the scope of the site I'd say.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.