Be like Water.

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
CookieThief

Be like Water.

Post by CookieThief » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:22 am

I have been working on a way to practice and improve my stealth foot work. It involves water and some sort of container like a bathtub or a bucket you can fit your foot in. Fill your bathtub and take your shoes off ( or not I guess) and just step in like you are walking. There will be a noisy splash and the water will be moving a lot. Then use whatever sneaking technique and step in the water, trying to make it quiet and not disturb the water surface. I dry my foot every time so dripping won't happen. I did it for a few weeks and saw a noticeable improvement.
The world is dark until your eyes adjust.

Xanatos

Re: Be like Water.

Post by Xanatos » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:14 pm

That's not bad actually, for those who really want to nail down their footwork. I'd go a step further and try walking across an elongated puddle or other body of water just so you can get used to traversing (instead of practising from a stationary position) and gradually work on speeding up.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.