Electric Fences

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
Anonsition

Electric Fences

Post by Anonsition » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:33 am

Hello fellow oppers. I have been looking into some more ops that involve me passing some possible electric fences. I was wondering if any of you have had to deal with electric fences, how you passed them, and how you manage to tell if a fence is electric without frying a hand or something. Any feedback is helpful. This goes for both rural electric fences and electric fences meant for security.
-Anonsition

Psychlonic

Re: Electric Fences

Post by Psychlonic » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:19 am

Well identifying them is easy enough. Security fences MUST have disclaimers clearly visible all the way down it because otherwise it's a big liability for the owner. Rural fences for keeping animals in I have a lot of experience with, these are also easy to identify and shouldn't provide enough shock to injure you. They are almost always mounted to an existing fence with insulators holding a new wire and the wire is often white so it's very clearly visible. I've never really had to do anything special to get around them as either crossing them is completely unnecessary or there will be a clear way to move around, under, or over it. And if you accidentally smack your hand or leg into it, it's really not that big of a deal. Most stun guns will give you more of a charge than they will. Nobody wants to kill their own animals especially when they are used predominantly for livestock which cost a small fortune to buy and maintain.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:22 am

Electric fences usually have signs indicating such. I've only had to cross an electric fence once by climbing a nearby tree and leaping over, and once on the other side I was able to locate the controls and switch it off to cross back. This was a simple DIY electric fence to keep farm animals away however, more sophisticated fences probably have more complicated systems.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Lynx

Post by Lynx » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:53 pm

The difficulty of crossing any fence depends on what sensors or alarms it has. Electric fences can be outfitted with fiber optic cables, mercury vibration sensors, strain sensitive cables (which can work using either a magnetic or physical switch) as well microwave fields, e-fields and such around the fence perimeter. And oh, of course, shock plates in the ground. Not like you're going to run into those often.

Although not common, I've found that a lot of fences in my country that surround "important" places: e.g. generator stations, train yards, bus yards, junk yards (lots of money made from recycling, top level protection) have a lot of fancy shit on them.
The most prevalent systems I've seen are simple electric fences with strain cables - and healthy doses of barbed/razor wire adorning the fence tops. That alone is enough for me to say "fuck that" and look for other means of entry.

I can't give any specific advice on crossing the fence directly, other than throwing a rug over the top and climbing it, but I can suggest that you simply look for security holes.
For example - I'm checking out an industrial storage yard. Not too big, but It's in an industrial district. A fence with barbed wire surrounds the entire thing. I keep walking along the fence until I meet the end - and there, a bush and a tree obstructs the fence, so they didn't build past that. They built all that shit and they left a massive hole in the end of it, assuming that nobody would find it. Easy entry.

Another example - I'm trying to get to a construction site, where a water tower is being restored. Large, very loud fences (made so that everyone hears you climbing) surround the place. The tower is surrounded by a mini-forest. I walk around and realize that they didn't build the temporary fence past the dumpster. All I have to do is climb the dumpster and I'm in the mini forest, with free access to the tower.
Of course, they had "authorized entry only" signs and all that shit.

So look for signs of laziness. I guarantee that unless it's built on a flat area in a clear square, there has to be some way to bypass the fence.

Ah, and for another point. Depending on where the fence is located, there's going to be a certain amount of false alarms. If the fence is in a deeply suburban area, with mostly residential buildings around it, the security company is going to be much more vigilant with their response times.
However - if the fence is closer to the bush, say, rural - it will be subject to animals, dry plants/leaves/twigs, weather on a greater scale. So, either the countermeasures will be greatly reduced (vibration, shock sensors, microwave fields and so on will be partially useless in a rural area due to the amount of suicidal racoons inside the perimeter). All of these become quite unreliable if close to an area where the wind constantly blows shit around.

So either the systems are gone, or their sensitivity is turned down so much that as long as you are careful - you'll have a chance to cross the fence without sounding an alarm. If the sensitivity is not turned down, then the response company/team will obviously react slower. Often response teams are turned "lazy" due to the amount of false alarms. However - just because they don't react to the shock plate alarm, doesn't mean they won't react to the someone throwing a brick through the window alarm.

Bob: "Hey Mike, I got another alarm coming from Jewsons Brick Factory.".
Mike: "I bet another one of those fucking goys are trying to steal our bricks, oy vey."
Bob: "We've had a lot of those alarms lately, and nothing's happened".
Mike: "Must be an animal. I'm too lazy to call the Mossad on this one, let's ignore it".
Bob: "Hail Zion, back to sucking milk from the gentiles".

In the end it all depends on what the place is. Give us some more info about the fence.
Don't take it too seriously, you're not coming out of it alive.

wfff024

Post by wfff024 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:24 am

Just touch a dandelion to it and you should feel a very slight pulse.
Fear is a reflex. Courage is a choice.