Need advice on a op..

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
qwertyman

Need advice on a op..

Post by qwertyman » Tue May 27, 2014 5:04 am

been lurking here for a while, but i have a op which i need help with and hoping someone could help me out..

above is a image of a rough layout of my op/problem

so basicly i need to get to the objective from the start via the road without being seen at all, because i do not know if the cctv cameras are live or not, but i know there is a guard hut and i suspect he watches the cctv, but the place is huge so he can't be watching it all at once, and its also possible he only watches certain cameras. my problem is i need to find a way past the 2 cctv cams on either side of the road, they are always looking at each other so i can't run up behind one and rip its wires out, not even in advance because they will know something is up. i've spent a whole night studying the place and this is definitely the easiest way in. the place is always lit up, and as i said i don't know whether the cams are monitored or not. And obviously i can't go under one of the posts with cams on either side because the further away ones will see me / i will be on them IF the look at the footage later.

does anyone know anyway i can remotely disable the cameras without being seen? or find out if they are live or not ?

i've thought about using a strong laser pointer (100mW) on them but again if they are live that can ruin the whole op...

any help greatly appreciated.

Xanatos

Re: Need advice on a op..

Post by Xanatos » Tue May 27, 2014 8:34 am

Is there any sort of cover near the cameras you can move behind? I've heard of the laser trick working but you'd need to point it directly into the camera's lens and mount it somehow to keep it in there for the duration of the op.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

qwertyman

Post by qwertyman » Tue May 27, 2014 2:09 pm

none at all unfortunatly..

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Tue May 27, 2014 2:33 pm

How's the lighting behind the cameras? If there's deep enough shadow, you could sneak through there. If the cameras are situated under a light, the bloom effect will make the shadows nearly impenetrable.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Lynx

Post by Lynx » Tue May 27, 2014 4:44 pm

Hmmmm... shit. Go in fast, wear a disguise and cover any identifying features.

Cameras are pretty hard to deal with if they are monitored, as specially if the area is well lit. Covering the cameras always works, but I guess that isn't an option.
What is the objective, if I may? Is there lots of cover? Can you get behind the objective?
Don't take it too seriously, you're not coming out of it alive.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Tue May 27, 2014 5:02 pm

'Disguises' are not recommended for Night Ops; the whole point is not to be seen at all.

Is there any way to distract the guard maybe and slip past while he's not looking at the monitors?

Lynx

Post by Lynx » Tue May 27, 2014 5:41 pm

Xanatos wrote:'Disguises' are not recommended for Night Ops; the whole point is not to be seen at all.

Is there any way to distract the guard maybe and slip past while he's not looking at the monitors?
250 pound IED makes for great distractions. And if placed close enough, it may shatter the monitors.

If you don't have a 250 pound IED, a loud noise in the opposite direction should work. This method assumes that the guard will go and investigate the commotion. Worst case scenario, the guard calls in backup and sweeps the area. Best case scenario, guard goes to investigate noise and stays there for 30 minutes.
Last edited by Lynx on Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Don't take it too seriously, you're not coming out of it alive.

qwertyman

Post by qwertyman » Wed May 28, 2014 1:54 am

the IED is a awesome idea... will you sell me one?

the cameras are on giant light posts so the whole place is lit up. im not gonna say what the objective is as people will probably give me shit for it.

im going to go back and set off a few car alarms and see whats up though ..

qwertyman

Post by qwertyman » Wed May 28, 2014 2:00 am

Xanatos wrote:'Disguises' are not recommended for Night Ops; the whole point is not to be seen at all.

im working on that but ill have to distract him for a good 20ish minutes as i need time to do something at the objective.

NachtReiter

Post by NachtReiter » Wed May 28, 2014 9:23 pm

It seems to me that what you need is to find out if the cameras are monitored. I'm thinking of two ways you can do it:

1. Social engineering. Just ask. Suppose the place is a storage bin - so you're a potential customer, and you want to know about how secure the place is and how safe your valuables will be. You ask about door locks, the gate, are those cameras actively watched or just recorded? Etc. Seems like a reasonable question to ask.

2. Raise some Hell in front of the cameras and see what happens. I'm thinking, toss a smoke bomb in there, in view of the cameras. If a guard comes out to find out what the hell is going on, you know it's being watched. Just make sure you use enough smoke to obscure the whole area so you're sure the guard can't still just see over the cameras.

-NR
When the Sun falls below the horizon, the door of the world is unlocked to those who know how to open it.

NachtReiter

Post by NachtReiter » Wed May 28, 2014 9:34 pm

Alternatively, you can try building an EMP device, but I'm not sure how good the range will be as I've never done this:

Short and simple: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-an-Electromagnetic-Pulse

Fancier and more complicated: http://www.wikihow.com/Build-an-EMP-Generator

It seems the first link gives you an easy-to-make device that will only work one time (without disconnecting the capacitor and re-charging it).

The second device is more complicated and bulkier but it can be used more than once just by flipping a switch.

-NR
When the Sun falls below the horizon, the door of the world is unlocked to those who know how to open it.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Wed May 28, 2014 10:37 pm

Social engineering & tossing bawmbs are two of the stupidest things you can do - the last thing you want to do is draw attention to yourself or in any way heighten security at the site.

As for the fabled 'EMP gun', nobody seems to have come up with a functional model yet.

NachtReiter

Post by NachtReiter » Thu May 29, 2014 1:15 am

Xanatos wrote:Social engineering & tossing bawmbs are two of the stupidest things you can do - the last thing you want to do is draw attention to yourself or in any way heighten security at the site.
Social engineering wouldn't identify you if you did it from a payphone. I doubt anybody's going to think too much of someone asking about security. Is it such an unusual question, that no one would ever ask it as a precursor to possibly entrusting the establishment with their valuable items?

And as for the smoke bomb - yes, you're not going to op the place, at least for a while, after that. But I don't think he's going to get in this place anyway, unless the cameras are not being watched. Worst case, a guard comes out, he knows the place is watched, and he can't do it. Best case, no guard comes out, and it indicates that the cameras are not watched - not definitively, but it's something.

The only other thing would be to find the security office and try to get a look inside but that seems hard to impossible.
As for the fabled 'EMP gun', nobody seems to have come up with a functional model yet.
I haven't tried it so I wouldn't know.

-NR

FlyingOne

Post by FlyingOne » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:30 am

250 lbs of anything is a bad idea. Especially that. Enough said.
The intensity of an electromagnetic pulse drops dramatically with the distance from its source, with a generator of the type described in those links you would have to literally hold it next to the camera, and perhaps it would work, but so would ripping out the wires, and with more certainty.
You have not given any idea of the distances involved but you might be able to fit the equipment needed for that in a very large, very heavy backpack, I would say that this is a bad idea too.
Is there anywhere to hide in the objective area or could you escape quickly if you needed to? do you have any idea where the rest of the cameras beyond that are?
how long is the guards shift? is there only one? does he have to leave the shack to relieve himself? get coffee? is he late often?