Two person techniques

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
stealththief

Two person techniques

Post by stealththief » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:29 pm

Me and Crisis often go on operations together and while training and stuff in the park we developed some useful techniques for two people.

Here are a few:

Shoulder stand:
First person crouches while other person stands on their shoulders. Practice this near a wall until you can do it without. Also practice walking near a wall until you can do so without it. This works well in places where you need to gain access to the ceiling or high wall without grabbing the top in case of spikes or something.

Two way boost:
This works well with those tall fences with large gaps in between vertical poles. First person interlocks their hands and provides a rising step for the second person. Once the second person has gotten over and is coming down on the other side the first person put their hands through the fence and after interlocking fingers provides a lowering step. This techniques only works on fence with large enough gaps to fit the hands, but one advantage is that both people can do it one after the other regardless of which side of the fence their on.

One way boost:
Read two way boost and do it on only one side of the fence.

Fence muffle:
While the first person climbs a chain link fence thats tall, the second braces the fence at the pole and in the middle to muffle the sound that it may make if it shakes. This can be done on both sides of the fence, works best with lots of people (not that you should have a lot of people on operations with you).

The reason I'm telling you these slower harder to pull off techniques is that you may find yourself in situations where you would not have the option to be loud enough to perform a wall run, or when you need to see where your placing your hands before you place them.

Post some two person or team techniques you guys have...

Blackcell

Post by Blackcell » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:59 am

From experiences it pays to have people of the same height and build, Ive gone on ops with a friend of mine thats 6'2" 160 lbs and i had trouble boosting him and he didnt have enough muscle to pull up so its not worth it if you cant find a athletic person to help out.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:45 pm

My situation would probably seem unusual then; I'm 6' something and Crisis is shorter than most people. Were both strong enough to lift each other though, and we both in shape so it never been a problem.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:45 pm

Wall Rise: Person one kneels down in front of a wall that is too tall to climb ordinarily, and provides the classic cupped - hand boost. person two puts a foot in the cupped hands, and as they step upwards, person one rises to their feet, providing extra reach. person two then steps with their other foot onto person one's shoulder, allowing them to grab the edge of the wall and pull themselves up. they then lean with their stomach on the lip of the wall, and person one backs away, runs up and jumps at the wall, boosting off it with one foot to reach up and grab person two's hands. they then (with the help of person two levering backwards) reach up and grab the top edge of the wall to pull themselves over.

I explained it as best as i could, maybe sometime i'll take some pictures or something. It helps when both people are in good shape and weigh about the same. if one person weighs less though, i'd suggest it be person two.
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:02 pm

I think I get what your saying, sounds pretty good.

gengreko

Post by gengreko » Thu May 15, 2008 5:44 pm

my only words here are to becareful when traveling in a group of more than 2... the reeason i say this is because too many times have i op'ed with 3 people and one of them does not have enpough stamina to go the rest of the way. so make sure whoever you do go with is in somewhat kind of shape because in my opping world slackers are not permitted.

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Fri May 16, 2008 2:05 am

Yea I know what you mean I usually play manhunt or do something similar to assess the people I plan on introducing to opping.

Borninshadows

Post by Borninshadows » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:14 pm

A technique that can be used if you need a distraction for something like getting a security guard out of his hole for a good infil or a takeout (Non-Lethal) is to have your buddy run up to them and act injured if in social camo, or if in traditional camo, run past and start a chase on a set path that your mate can escape from easily, or one where there is an ambush.
Legal Disclaimer: Everything I have written in the above post is most definitely hypothetical or written by a totally bored person