Toothbrush master key, would this work?

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
Atmos

Toothbrush master key, would this work?

Post by Atmos » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:26 pm

OK i cant quite remember where i heard this, but now i am into all this opping its extremely valid. Basically you can get past a lock by melting a toothbrush to the melting (but not boiling) point, then quickly shove it in the lock, wait till it cools back down into a solid and turn it. In theory this would work and you could bypass that lock repeatedly. How close to reality is this and could the technique be altered to actually work?

Thanks
<- Shaco could op like a boss xD

los renegados

Re: Toothbrush master key, would this work?

Post by los renegados » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:00 am

snareboxx wrote:OK i cant quite remember where i heard this, but now i am into all this opping its extremely valid. Basically you can get past a lock by melting a toothbrush to the melting (but not boiling) point, then quickly shove it in the lock, wait till it cools back down into a solid and turn it. In theory this would work and you could bypass that lock repeatedly. How close to reality is this and could the technique be altered to actually work?

Thanks
Pretty sure it won't work because the pins will just be pushed up to random heights and parts of the plastic will be pushed behind the pins and inbetween causing it to not be able to be pulled out of the lock.

I recently attempted to make a bump key and forgot to file part of the key causing it to be stuck behind a pin without an angled "tooth" of the key to pull it out and it was stuck for good. I ended up beating the crap out of the lock and threw it away.

Atmos

Re: Toothbrush master key, would this work?

Post by Atmos » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:38 pm

Yeah i was thinking about the fact it wouldn't push the pins correctly.
<- Shaco could op like a boss xD