Psychology of Oping

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
graph

Psychology of Oping

Post by graph » Mon May 30, 2011 1:26 pm

For a while now I've toyed with the idea of starting nops however I'm finding it rather hard to get started, and even if I do: how do I build myself up to a black op?

Psychologically & physically speaking, I'm just a wuss . . . I don't see myself ever able to do these things but I would like to. I imagine the experience would be challenging, exciting, useful, liberating, and perhaps most of all: profitable.

What would it take to build myself up?

All I have here is myself; I'm a relatively weak individual and would easily be over-whelmed in a physical confrontation. So physically bulking up is a pretty straight forward task but what about psychologically? What is it that differentiates the individual who can so easily (and without internal struggle) commit crimes from those who cannot -- more importantly, how can we change the mindset of the latter? Perhaps drugs could be helpful?

If I bulk up will the mind follow the body?

The super-ego is so damn inhibiting. I wonder if it can be destroyed.

Captain Winky

Re: Psychology of Oping

Post by Captain Winky » Mon May 30, 2011 6:22 pm

Actually, the body follows the mind.

You can not bulk up, or train, without the proper mental attitude.
If you don't ever see yourself doing such physical things, your body won't ever follow,
Once you realise you have potential to do everything, you can achieve anything.
Getting a fit body included. If your mind is not strong enough, you can't keep up the training it takes to get a strong body.
and ESPECIALLY not start training your body.

You don't need to be able to do everything, or think you can handle everything out there, but if you don't put your mind to it, you can expect your body to do so instead. You need to find that drive, or motivation, to push yourself to the limit so your body can grow stronger.

All it takes to build yourself up, is motivation, effort, the attitude to constantly improve yourself.
that's why roger podactor was murdered,
HE FOUND CAPTAIN WINKY!

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Tue May 31, 2011 5:41 am

I'd say start slow by just going out for walks at night so you get accustomed to the atmosphere. Then gradually travel through darker, more secluded areas so you get a feel for the dark. Focus on remaining stealthy by moving quietly from shadow to shadow, work on your posture & moving techniques and shy away/hide from cars & pedestrians. Eventually you should build up enough confidence to hop somebody's fence and explore a backyard, schoolyard or construction site. The process is gradual but, if you apply yourself to it, you won't really notice. Although don't expect to be conducting BOs in a fortnight.

You don't have to be 'bulky' for NOs, since stealth & evasion are the primary ways of dealing with confrontations. I'm not particularly muscular myself, or very fit, but that's no major handicap. You'll develop the muscles you need for opping through opping, although doing extra training certainly couldn't hurt.

As for getting into the mindset of opping... well I've never had that problem so I'm not sure how helpful I'm going to be here, but I'll give it a shot. It's best not to look at it as "committing a crime" because 'crimes' are defined by faulty laws invented by men, who themselves aren't without fault. Whenever I'm on an op I don't think of myself as doing something illegal; once I'm outside, at night, all of society's laws that govern the day have no authority. The only obstacles that stand in my way are purely physical.

When it comes to motivation different things work for different people. What gets you into the mood to op? Sometimes it's a purely internal thing, in which case you need to channel that feeling yourself. Although external influences are also a factor. Ever read a particular book/comic, or seen a certain film, or listened to certain music, or played a certain videogame, or done a certain activity that made you feel a certain way? Find out what it is that gets you into the mood for opping and channel it as best you can (although don't listen to an MP3 player whilst on an op as it lowers your situational awareness).
I wouldn't suggest taking drugs to enhance/motivate performance. Ops + Drugs = Bad Idea
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

graph

Post by graph » Tue May 31, 2011 10:25 am

Wow great posts guys. I appreciate your help.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Tue May 31, 2011 2:01 pm

Nessun problema. Although the first step to conducting Night Ops should leave you standing outside your back door, so slap on some dark garments & push yourself! Although not too hard; don't exceed your limits.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.