Watching ones own back

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
joshvillen

Watching ones own back

Post by joshvillen » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:19 pm

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002KF ... ss_product

I've always thought having a wireless camera with a handheld monitor to be a good idea so I finally decided to order one and test it out in the field. The concept is simple, place the camera in your blind spot to make sure nothing unexpected happens; all in all it's meant more for b&e scenarios since it's hard to know what's going on outside the building you've entered. I can definitely see this being useful for the other things as well though, I’ll post an update after its been fully field tested and reviewed useful or not.

fx1k

Re: Watching ones own back

Post by fx1k » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:20 am

That is damn cool, but it is pretty costly. Can't wait to hear about it.

Steele

Post by Steele » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:30 pm

it could have more uses than that. you could place the camera at an entrance or use it to watch high traffic areas in buildings. Like how some buildings are laid out in a way that funnels most traffic through a certain room. You could also use it to peek around corners without sticking your head out.

only problem I foresee is the glow of the screen in your hand monitor.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:01 am

You can adjust the brightness on some LCDs so it doesn't give away your position so easily, and you can always cover one eye so it doesn't ruin your nightvision.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

CokeCanNinja

Post by CokeCanNinja » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:16 pm

Seems it'd be a lot easier to just glance behind you.

meameajones

Post by meameajones » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:16 am

CokeCanNinja wrote:Seems it'd be a lot easier to just glance behind you.

No. This is for seeing things like the outside of the building you just entered, which you cannot see by simply turning your back!!
the post above is a purely fictional story made up for entertainment purposes and/or just a hypothetical depiction of what could happen. any resembelence to any actual persons, places, things or events are entirely unintentional and coincidental.