Bendix/King Radio

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
Psychlonic

Bendix/King Radio

Post by Psychlonic » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:56 pm

http://www.bkradio.com/

These are rather spendy radios, albeit ones that are very common among US government and contractor services. Having acquired one some time back and now using it as a portable scanner, I must say that it is worth your time to seek out. I wouldn't spend $1500 on your own, but rather find some places that are likely to use them and snag one.

The above website is the homepage to their products and includes downloadable PDF guides for operation and programming needs.

By default, many of these radios operate within the frequencies of most emergency services including police divisions, fire, hospital, city services, and more. They are portable. Many can also hold several hundred programmed channels. You can see why this is good shit. You can also make your own high-gain antennas and there are some absolutely sick microphones that can go on these things that have GPS/texting options. Encryption is another handy feature.

You can be a smart ass and talk back to the police if you want, although I don't recommend it. Just throwing that out there.

Anyways, just getting the word out. Spend some time looking into those, it might be worth it if you know somewhere you might be able to get one.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

preistpower

Re: Bendix/King Radio

Post by preistpower » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:36 pm

That is a amazing looking scanner.

CokeCanNinja

Re: Bendix/King Radio

Post by CokeCanNinja » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:06 am

Nice radios. That is pretty expensive, but probably worth it. Especially if you can "find" one. The talking back to the cops comment was pretty funny.