I need some Clothes/Trousers

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
Vindicta

I need some Clothes/Trousers

Post by Vindicta » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:34 pm

hello all im fairly new to Oping though i do, do some around at night time mainly in casual dark clothes...these make a bit much to noise for my liking...i was wondering if anybody could link me to some good clothes for oping...Legs...Chest....Mask...Gloves. Thanks in advance :)

CokeCanNinja

Re: I need some Clothes/Trousers

Post by CokeCanNinja » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:43 pm

Black cargo pants, black hoodie. Dark blue is better, but a little harder to find.

Blue_Social

Post by Blue_Social » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:26 am

CokeCanNinja wrote:Black cargo pants, black hoodie. Dark blue is better, but a little harder to find.
Nothings hard to find if you visit: Target, Walmart and TJ Maxx!
(All the above is my thoughts exactly)
"Eat healthy, exercise often, die anyways. Oh well, you might as well make your life as enjoyable as possible." ~Anonymous

preistpower

Post by preistpower » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:40 am

Blue's got it right, also if you go to a lot of woody areas, Camo can be very very useful.

CokeCanNinja

Post by CokeCanNinja » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:43 am

preistpower wrote:Blue's got it right, also if you go to a lot of woody areas, Camo can be very very useful.
But not crappy woodland camo. No, get multicam. I'm planning out a full head to toe suit made out of the stuff. You can even get it in mesh, and I'm trying to decide to cover the face with it or not.

Vindicta

Post by Vindicta » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:02 pm

Thanks for the responces guys helped alot :)

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:45 pm

If you're not familiar with things, go out and shop in person. Go to outdoors stores, surplus shops, etc. so you can look and feel the clothing. It all comes down to preference. Really soft cotton is the most silent thing ever, but you're screwed it it snags on something. On the other hand, super durable materials are usually louder or not as comfortable. Strike the balance you personally want. You want to be comfortable when you operate - you'll be making slow, precise movements and you don't need stupid bullshit irritating you.

As far as patterns and colors, just go with what suits your area and your budget. I started out with basic black and had success for years. Good camo is better but black works just fine. Woodland camo works good and if you can't afford the new patterns that are coming out then don't sweat it. Get what you can and learn to use it effectively. Better gear does not make you a better operative, the very best equipment might just be a waste of time at this point. You'll know when it's time to upgrade because you'll understand the fine points of night ops and see things about yourself and your equipment you dislike.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

CokeCanNinja

Post by CokeCanNinja » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:00 am

Yeah, once your really good, you could op in a white t-shirt and boxers and not get seen.

Blue_Social

Post by Blue_Social » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:47 am

CokeCanNinja wrote:Yeah, once your really good, you could op in a white t-shirt and boxers and not get seen.
No. No one is THAT good.
The only way you'd pull that off is if you just turned the lights off in your room and "explored".
"Eat healthy, exercise often, die anyways. Oh well, you might as well make your life as enjoyable as possible." ~Anonymous

CokeCanNinja

Post by CokeCanNinja » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:18 am

Blue_Social wrote:
CokeCanNinja wrote:Yeah, once your really good, you could op in a white t-shirt and boxers and not get seen.
No. No one is THAT good.
The only way you'd pull that off is if you just turned the lights off in your room and "explored".
Yeah, I know. But it is 80% skill, 20% gear. Maybe more.

kunoichi

Post by kunoichi » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:28 pm

My opinion is don't spent too much money for your gear yet since you're a beginner..

:arrow: A black long sleeved shirt and a black pants work fine. But be careful with the material. Cotton is usually the best, but don't choose 100% cotton as it might easily snag in a fence or something like that if you're not careful enough...

:arrow: For gloves I recommend the Kevlar ones. In my opinion, they're bad-ass!!

:arrow: You can buy a balaclava but you can also put a t-shirt in your head instead.

:arrow: Finally, the shoes are equally important. Choose a dark color. They can be sneakers, army boots, or tabi boots. Personally, when I am in urban places, I use the sneakers I wear when I do parkour. They're very silent. But when I am in the countryside, I wear my army boots. I don't have tabi, but there are some good tabi-sneakers online..

P.S: You can also buy a multicam. But the black color works best both in urban and rural areas...(only during the night of course :P)
SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH :P
Society gets the kind of vandalism it deserves.

CokeCanNinja

Post by CokeCanNinja » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:17 pm

kunoichi1995 wrote: :arrow: For gloves I recommend the Kevlar ones. In my opinion, they're bad-ass!!
Get Kevlar with carbon fiber knuckles. Those beat everything else, hands down. Make sure they have a bit of padding on the back of the knuckles, that way you can punch stuff full power with out problem. It's like having brass knuckles, but you can still use your hands, and they won't attract attention.

kunoichi

Post by kunoichi » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:11 pm

CokeCanNinja wrote:
kunoichi1995 wrote: :arrow: For gloves I recommend the Kevlar ones. In my opinion, they're bad-ass!!
Get Kevlar with carbon fiber knuckles. Those beat everything else, hands down. Make sure they have a bit of padding on the back of the knuckles, that way you can punch stuff full power with out problem. It's like having brass knuckles, but you can still use your hands, and they won't attract attention.
I saw EXACTLY what you said, yesterday at a shop with military stuff.... I would buy em, but I didnt have 100 euros... :/

CokeCanNinja

Post by CokeCanNinja » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:42 am

kunoichi1995 wrote:I would buy em, but I didnt have 100 euros... :/
You have pockets don't you!?!? Just stuff em in your pockets and buy something small on the way out so you don't attract attention.

kunoichi

Post by kunoichi » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:04 pm

CokeCanNinja wrote:
You have pockets don't you!?!? Just stuff em in your pockets and buy something small on the way out so you don't attract attention.
That is impossible... The shop is full of assistants who work in the army, look at you all the time (in order not to steal anything) and they ALL look like this: http://www.google.gr/imgres?imgurl=http ... 80&bih=609

CokeCanNinja

Post by CokeCanNinja » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:51 pm

kunoichi1995 wrote:
CokeCanNinja wrote:
That is impossible... The shop is full of assistants who work in the army, look at you all the time (in order not to steal anything) and they ALL look like this: http://www.google.gr/imgres?imgurl=http ... 80&bih=609
Dang, I'd be scared too. With something as expensive as that, you need a more complex plan. Get some friends to distract them. Start a fight or something. Or use your Womenhood to get a discount, if you know what I mean.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:42 pm

Well if they all look like that then they'd be easier to outrun. :lol:

Of course that would eliminate your opportunity for repeat business.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

CokeCanNinja

Post by CokeCanNinja » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:53 pm

Xanatos wrote:Well if they all look like that then they'd be easier to outrun. :lol:

Of course that would eliminate your opportunity for repeat business.
Yep, they are all carrying around 25-30 pounds of excess muscle. And since kunoichi1995 is female, she's probably pretty small, which gives her an advantage in hiding and squeezing through and under stuff.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:00 am

And she does Parkour. Immediate win.

As for getting back on topic I'd recommend looking for dark 100% cotton clothes. BDUs (Battle Dress Uniforms) are generally the best; check in surplus stores for second-hand uniforms (second-hand clothes are usually softer, quieter and more comfortable).
I got myself a new pair of combat trousers from the surplus store for urban ops but the only 2nd hand trousers I could find were the standard Australian military pattern - which is very bright at night. So I dyed them at home and now they're perfect: they retained the same broken-up pattern but now in a dark grey tone.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

CokeCanNinja

Post by CokeCanNinja » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:34 pm

Xanatos wrote:they retained the same broken-up pattern but now in a dark grey tone.
Dang, that sounds nice.