Wrist rockets

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
CokeCanNinja

Wrist rockets

Post by CokeCanNinja » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:10 am

Wrist rockets (slingshots, like this: http://www.selfdefenseproducts.com/Fold ... 16756.html) are very handy for night ops. They can be used to distract, kill cameras and lights, etc. You can shoot almost anything out of them such as firecrackers, rocks, ball bearings, smoke pellets, pieces of chalk (to mark areas or signal), etc. They are very cheap and you can get models that fold flat. They have a very large range too.

Mr. Happy

Re: Wrist rockets

Post by Mr. Happy » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:19 pm

the problem with slingshots is that they are hard to aim, and don't always fly straight. its better to use a pellet gun... its added weight but its more effective.

But i like the chalk idea, that could be useful

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:57 pm

It depends on the slingshot and the skill of the user. I've only used a slingshot once in my life (that I can recall) made out of a wire coathanger, some rubber tubing & a leather patch. I managed to achieve excellent accuracy shooting at soda cans 15m away. Then again, I'm a natural marksman.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Mr. Happy

Post by Mr. Happy » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:45 am

true... the thing sometimes when i shoot my slingshot it will just launch at a random angle.

But if you are going to use a slingshot, (from my experience) the best way to aim is to turn it on its side and aim using the top bar...

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:33 am

There should be a write-up I did a long time ago called Application of the Wrist Rocket in the Resources section on the main site. It's got my two cents on them that some of you might find useful, along with my personal shooting technique I use to keep consistent accuracy.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Mr. Happy

Post by Mr. Happy » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:18 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOd6r2x-j7I

this has got to be the coolest slingshot ever....

CokeCanNinja

Post by CokeCanNinja » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:18 pm

Mr. Happy wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOd6r2x-j7I

this has got to be the coolest slingshot ever....
WHOA!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome.