Vibram Shoes

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
the_Tracker

Vibram Shoes

Post by the_Tracker » Tue May 25, 2010 2:07 am

Just throwing a product out there i stumbled across that may be useful for everyone. I haven't tried them myself, but since some people here like tabi, these could be a more modern alternative.

http://www. vibramfivefingers.com/products/products_footwear.cfm
"Everywhere, and before everything, by day and by night, constantly in mind is death."

Newt0n

Re: Vibram Shoes

Post by Newt0n » Tue May 25, 2010 5:38 am

I have a pair of the sprints, and they are amazing! They grip everything and let you feel what you're stepping on without cutting yourself, which is great for control. The lack of padding is odd though, if you don't know how to land, or have weak ankles, you are at a higher risk of hurting yourself.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Tue May 25, 2010 5:57 am

The link's broken, but if you mean "5-toed tabi" I know a store on the coast called 'Barefoot' that sells shoes like that. Not sure if they have boots though, I've only seen ankle-length ones in the window.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

vonunov

Post by vonunov » Tue May 25, 2010 8:09 am

I have the KSO and can also confirm awesomeness.
Meet me down by the railroad track.

Ysidro

Post by Ysidro » Tue May 25, 2010 9:56 pm

These shoes are amazing, but you have to be careful if you aren't use to running or even walking barefoot. But once your body is adjusted to this more natural lack of padding they are excellent! :D
“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security”
-Ben Franklin

CokeCanNinja

Post by CokeCanNinja » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:56 am

Oooo!!! These look really cool. Need a bit more covering around the ankle though. @Xanatos, just remove the space between the www. and the vib.

Atarii-XV

Post by Atarii-XV » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:10 am

esta muy bueno

fx1k

Post by fx1k » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:15 am

I'm planning to get a pair of these in the future. The only problem for me right now is the price.

ghostprototype

Post by ghostprototype » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:52 pm

Hoping for an update from someone who has had them for a while. According to the website, they have a shit warranty, so I'm concerned about how well they'll hold up after repeated use. To those of you who have them: Are they still in relatively good condition, compared to how much you use them?

fx1k

Post by fx1k » Thu May 19, 2011 2:17 am

I'm hoping to get these pretty soon. When I do, I will give them a good test and a review.

Atarii-XV

Post by Atarii-XV » Fri May 20, 2011 11:18 pm

ghostprototype wrote:Hoping for an update from someone who has had them for a while. According to the website, they have a shit warranty, so I'm concerned about how well they'll hold up after repeated use. To those of you who have them: Are they still in relatively good condition, compared to how much you use them?
yea shit warranty and the big toe side is always the first to go so get the leather

gingerkid

Post by gingerkid » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:03 pm

i have the KSO treks, kangaroo leather. amazingly comfortable no problems other than they start to smell really bad after awhile so make sure you wash them every week or 2.

vonunov

Post by vonunov » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:52 am

I wore the same pair of KSOs for two years. They got dirty and torn-up but they were still in usable shape at the end. I recently got a pair of Merrell Trail Glove shoes. They're closed-toed shoes with Vibram soles, form-fitting and relatively thin and flat, though not so much as the Five Fingers. I feel that these represent all of the good (tactility, agility, comfort) and none of the bad (comfort only with ideally sized toes, stubbing of toes, tripping over protruding toe pocket space) that I experienced with the Five Fingers.

The Five Fingers always seemed like a good thing to try, say, Parkour in, but at the same time not so much, as I, not often, but regularly enough, would scrape or stumble over the flat ground on the toes of those shoes. I'm not generally a clumsy person; I blame the poor fit of the shoes, which in turn I blame on the failure of my feet to match Vibram's expectations -- or should it be the other way around?

As a bonus, I can actually cycle (with my pedals with the metal spikes on) without killing my feet (or removing the spikes and slipping off and crushing my balls). Also I don't look like I forgot to change coming out of the pool.
Meet me down by the railroad track.