Super Tabi

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
stealththief

Super Tabi

Post by stealththief » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:27 pm

I was on my city's parkour forum and someone posted a link (http://www.climbinggearonline.com/Five- ... 2-delorean) for Five Ten Stealth paint (it's a really grippy rubber great for parkour and climbing all that. In the video the guy used it to cover the top of a shoe but you can apply it to the sole or anywhere you want. My idea is you get a pair of tabi and coat them in this, coating lightly on top and a bit heavier on the sole. Get the protection and durability of sneakers, keep the lightness and agility of tabi. No idea if this is water proof but if it is tying off the top of your tabi will also keep your feet dry.

st3alth

Re: Super Tabi

Post by st3alth » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:22 pm

awesome idea, i gotta try this.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:17 am

I might try that if I can find that stuff, I just need to get rid of the bright tan colour on the soles of my tabi without sacrificing grip.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:57 am

Xanatos wrote:I might try that if I can find that stuff, I just need to get rid of the bright tan colour on the soles of my tabi without sacrificing grip.
The rubber paint is black, I'm sure you can paint right over the sole to make it a bit thicker and stealthier.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:53 pm

Meh, i wasn't too sure about it to begin with, but i think i'm gonna be ordering some tabi soon so i might actually give this a shot.
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."