Gloves

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
Blackcell

Gloves

Post by Blackcell » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:29 am

The gloves I use for ops are getting pretty worn down and theyre now smooth and not gripping properly. Any advice for a new set of gloves?
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:33 am

For good grip get gloves that have rubbery dots, good finger dexterity as well.

Eden

Post by Eden » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:53 am

I'll tell you a secret...The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again.

nomadx

latex

Post by nomadx » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:16 am

i would just like to point out that
the common kitchen yellow latex gloves for washing dishes work very well when gripping metal. out of all the things i tried, they are superior to rubber dots, even bare skin.

try climbing a light post with your kevlar gloves, then with the latex. with regular gloves it's practically impossible, with latex it's piece of cake.

Eden

Post by Eden » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:11 pm

That's a pretty good idea (unless you are me, and allergic to latex). The only problem I see with that is the BRIGHT YELLOW color. Not exactly stealthy, eh? And, in case you were thinking of it, sharpie is not very effective on them...
I suppose you could get these

Code: Select all

http://cgi.ebay.com/Designer-Diva-Dish-Gloves-Kitchen-Rubber-Leopard-Boa_W0QQitemZ270190142161QQihZ017QQcategoryZ11702QQcmdZViewItem
, but i personally wouldn't pay 20$ just to cut the ends off. (certainly would make a statement, though...).
I'll tell you a secret...The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again.

nomadx

Post by nomadx » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:14 am

yeah there's a krylon spray paint that's made specifically for latex, but i am unsure if it will effect the stickyness properties. will have to try it (costs about $5)

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:25 am

Forget that crap. Get the cotton kind with the completely rubberized palms/underfingers. They're also textured, and from my experience doing some work on metal roofing awhile back, they grip great. They also aren't going to leave your hands smelling like puke at the end of a long operation. They're tough as hell, too, for being so cheap.
The most common kind is white with blue rubber, but cotton is much much easier to recolor than 100% latex.
You aren't going to be doing fine tasks in these, but for general purposes they get the job done.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Illusion

Post by Illusion » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:22 pm

Personally, I hate gloves. Maybe thats as I take alot of pictures and like to read documents "on the job".

Personally, I only wear gloves when I'm climbing and the metal risks burning my hands, as I know from experience being halfway up of a ladder and your hands starting to burn is NOT nice.

For this I simply use weightlifting gloves, the leather fingerless ones. They are durable and stop my hands coming into contact with the cold metal. Then the fact I still have the tops of my fingers free allows me to operate a camera, pick stuff up and do other intricate tasks..

Not advised for general cold weather obviously, though!

Captain Winky

Post by Captain Winky » Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:20 pm

the use of gloves differ per opper, instead trying to best out the rest, I'll just post up my version.

I use very thin Woolen gloves, and I mean VERY thin. Even though for some reason they're warm in the winter, don't cause trouble in the summer, and they're so thin that they won't get in the way when handling tools such as lock picks. next to that they're black, it isn't very stealthy either, but at least it beats Bright Yellow/Red/Pink, or green in an urban environment. Since it's woolen, it should deal with my fingerprints (if it doesn't stop them, it should distort them, right?). And in case they break, I'm wearing duck tape around my finger tips to block the fingerprints. I do really enjoy duck tape in the summer, somebody tipped me about using a small piece of carpet when jumping over barbed wire fences, so I've taken care of that as well, so for the way I op, I'd say black thin woolen gloves are perfect.
that's why roger podactor was murdered,
HE FOUND CAPTAIN WINKY!

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:36 am

This Kinda has to do with gloves, I thought you guys should know this...
The duct tape idea is good and all and I've used it once, but, after taking a forensic science class I learned that ANY part of your hand can be printed. You guys are better off wearing gloves. Also listening onto doors leaves ear prints, but those are easy to wipe away...
Forensic science class is really good to make sure your evidence is invisible and untraceable.

Nolimitz

Re: Gloves

Post by Nolimitz » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:35 am

We will not learn how to live together in peace by killing each other's children.
-Jimmy Carter-

Xanatos

Re: Gloves

Post by Xanatos » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:21 pm

Please try to avoid bumping 4 year old threads.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.