Once again, nightops.net is BACK!

Important messages about the site will be posted here.
Secant
Admin

Once again, nightops.net is BACK!

Post by Secant » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:00 pm

A little while ago, the domain name "nightops.net" expired. I wasn't able to do anything about it, since the name was actually owned by someone else. I still am unable to acquire it, so the forums will be located here until I do. Sorry for the inconvenience.

That being said, here are the changes I made in bringing the forum back online:
- The main site is now http://no.surgen.org
- The forums are located at http://no.surgen.org/forums
- I didn't carry over all the old posts (for reasons I will discuss later in this post), but they can still be read in the Archives at http://no.surgen.org/archives (you can check the Archives section for details)

Now, why didn't I carry over all the old posts? Well, in a word, drama. In the old forum, a few members kept getting pissed off at each other, and this caused constant friction, arguments, and drama. Now, everyone can start with a clean slate. Just let bygones be bygones and get over it. To the great majority of you that didn't participate in the "bicker wars," thank you and I'm sorry you have to be disadvantaged. Oh, and one last thing: please don't name names. Let it be, and let the conflict die.

Once again, sorry for the downtime. Enjoy!

mib

Post by mib » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:46 pm

I demodded myself a long time ago, just thought you might want to know.

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:14 pm

When I go to the archive I can only see the one forum, I can't see anything else...

Secant
Admin

Post by Secant » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:11 pm

Thanks for letting me know, I'll fix that.

EDIT: If you get a chance, mind telling me if it's fixed? I can't tell from my account.

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:37 pm

Yep it seems good now :).

Evil_0ne

Post by Evil_0ne » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:04 pm

You should make an e-mail tree so that if NO ever goes down again you can keep everyone posted because I went through hell trying to find my favorite site after it went down. (I owe TM one for giving me a link when I lost hope.)

Post by 55555 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:11 pm

Good to see NO back . :)

Captain Winky

hey

Post by Captain Winky » Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:56 pm

I'm probably a bit late, but it's good to see the Nops site back, I started to get worried there fella's xD
that's why roger podactor was murdered,
HE FOUND CAPTAIN WINKY!

Warrussia

Post by Warrussia » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:29 am

yeah, I was worried to. :shock:
Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy.
-Quote "Ben Franklin"

Hacc

Post by Hacc » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:13 pm

I liked the idea of maybe trying to do an email tree. I wish we had a good amount of members back. Are there any back email address from the old site that we could email to get maybe email people where the current site is. I too had thought the site had died until I found out from Therin and got the new url. It's just a suggestion, I'm sure not many people may supply there email address though so that would deem this idea useless.

Evil_0ne

Post by Evil_0ne » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:58 pm

I just had an idea. Secant could make a myspace that has nothing to do with NO but then we add it and if it ever goes down the mods, admins and anyone else can help pm people of the new site url. We would need to make it seem like a random myspace (as in no big THIS IS A NO MYSPACE banner it the top of the page)

Secant
Admin

Post by Secant » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:35 am

I want to keep this site (as much as is reasonably possible) on this site, and not in any external places (such as the famously insecure Myspace). However, I think I could put up an external site myself (so there's no loss of control over its contents) with a one-way message to use should the forum go down again. If that plan is put into action, I shall certainly let you all know.