Bringing Your Dog on an OP

There is no specific subject for this forum, talk about whatever you want.
Lynx

Re: Bringing Your Dog on an OP

Post by Lynx » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:11 am

Looks like you got yourself a real-life Riley!
I don't think that anyone has ever tried this before, other than the other guy who had a dog with him during his op. His dog wasn't participating, it was just tied to a tree nearby. Didn't go too well, as the dog got bored and sad. It probably won't happen to yours.

Dogs have limitations. Heavily urban areas would be pretty damn hard to cross, as well as climbing taller buildings. If you can strap the dog to your back, then good. But it's still pretty troublesome. How would the dog react if it found itself dangling 10 feet above ground strapped to someone's back? Nervous, to say the least. Unless it is used to it. Using the excuse of "taking a dog for a walk" whilst dressed in gear would be slightly unconvincing. "Hey man, why the hell are you climbing my house?" "Oh don't worry just walking my dog bro".

There are pros and cons to it, so I would consider dog a specialty item. It won't fit all ops, but it may be useful on some. It all depends on what you are doing.
Don't take it too seriously, you're not coming out of it alive.

Xanatos

Re: Bringing Your Dog on an OP

Post by Xanatos » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:56 pm

Dogs aren't exactly the subtlest creature either. Consider more training to have her hide from traffic & pedestrians as a precaution.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.