Trayvon Martin Shooting

There is no specific subject for this forum, talk about whatever you want.
AnOtherShadow

Trayvon Martin Shooting

Post by AnOtherShadow » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:55 pm

I know I'm probably one of the oldest folks here (shit, I just turned 30), so I may be the only one watching the news regularly. But if you've been watching and heard about the shooting of Trayvon Martin down in Florida, I wanted to ask if any of you have speculated on whether or not night ops was involved somehow? Was Trayvon opping at the time, and was that why he was in that neighborhood and maybe why George Zimmerman may have thought he was acting suspicious?
If any of that's the case-- hell, even if it isn't-- it's a reminder that we all need to be very careful about when, where and how we op.

There's already a couple of wikipedia pages on the case so here's a link if you want a quick over view.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin
Murphy's Laws of Combat No.s 15, 16, 17: The important things are always simple; The simple things are always hard; The easy way is always mined.

Ghost

Re: Trayvon Martin Shooting

Post by Ghost » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:22 pm

I wouldn't worry too much about age, we've got a fair number of mid-twenties that i know of here, and 30 can't be much different, right? (right?!)

Personally, with regards to the shooting, i'd like to think that it wasn't night ops related, due to the kid's attitude and attire. He seemed to be wearing regular street clothes rather than anything concealing, and while we all know about hiding in plain sight, and wearing regular clothes, that's definitely starting to move away from the spirit of what night opping is about. Also, i'd like to think that he'd have either run as soon as he was spotted, or hid. He certainly wasn't cornered in a suburban development, so him staying put and ultimately ending in a confrontation is another move that's uncharacteristic of a night opper. Of course, it's impossible to rule him out as a night opper, but at the very least it seems unlikely.

My own opinion is that he may have been either car shopping, or more likely scouting around for possible car shopping targets.

What are your thoughts on the absurd amount of spin this case seems to be getting, media wise?
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

Neurotic Anomaly

Post by Neurotic Anomaly » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:09 pm

If the string of witness testimonies stands true, then this was in no way an opper. Because they all state that they witnessed Martin approach Zimmerman and proceeding to assault him. There is, however, no evidence to support this claim.
The only alibis say that Zimmerman was following him before he began to flee. Zimmerman pursued but soon lost contact and was later assaulted while entering his car.

Where it currently stands, no evidence has arose to support either claim, though it seems that the tables are tipping in favor of Zimmerman.

Opinions?
שד ציד

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:32 am

I wouldn't think so, it says he was walking home from a convenience store when Zimmerman started following him. Now if Martin had been taking a shortcut through people's backyards that might've been a different story, but as it stands I think it's safe to assume this fellow wasn't involved with NO.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.