A Good Excuse

There is no specific subject for this forum, talk about whatever you want.
Neurotic Anomaly

A Good Excuse

Post by Neurotic Anomaly » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:52 pm

It seems I have done the impossible, at least as Pshyclonic appears to be concerned at least, and obtained a good excuse to not op for a while. :)

And that reason my friends, was suffering a venomous snakebite to inside of my right ankle.

It seems the very day I decide to wear my new wallabees is the day my luck decides to take a turn for the worst. I was walking with my buddy Lucian through some tall grass near some woods the other day when it happened.
No, I never saw the snake. I don't know what kind it was. I was too busy aiding my wound, which was giving to me the worst pain I'd ever felt in my life.
Ever get stung by a wasp or hornet? It happened faster than a sting, and was cripplingly and infinitely more painful. We were behind a treeline and in a field when it happened, and Lucian basically had to carry my ass back. He didn't literally carry me, but he might as well have. When we got to the treeline that we had to go through he was unable to carry me because of obstructions, so I had to crawl through on my hands and knees. It was that bad. I could not even touch the site.

Well, obviously I went to the hospital, etc... all the stuff you guys probably know hospitals do.

And as I type this, I'm in ICU, and my right leg is swollen up to the knee. There's no discoloration, it doesn't hurt anymore, and the swelling isn't that bad. Seems I lucked out, because it was a venomous snake, and it was a young one. And even though younger snakes have more potent venom, they cannot control how much they inject when they bite. Similar to how babies can't control when they release waste.

So life is good. lol

I was asked by a lot of friends both today and yesterday why I didn't wear boots. Well, my answer is that I normally do. But who can blame for wanting to where my new pair of wallabees? Do you have any idea how comfortable those things are?
That, and the day had been going great. My grandmother had just returned home from the hospital after being diagnosed with lung caner and heart cancer and everyone, including myself, was happy. Once again, you can't blame me for having other things on my mind.

But other than that, I'm doing peachy. This will be my second night here, and I've been stuck so many times I feel like a pincushion. lol I will probably update again when I get out, which should be soon. Unless something significant happens.

And no, I am not happy to inform any of the following. It freaking sucks worse than I literally do... wait... nvm. lmao
שד ציד

Teutoni

Re: A Good Excuse

Post by Teutoni » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:14 am

Wow I am really sorry to hear that man. Glad to hear you have some good new though. Can't wait to hear back from you.
Keep 'em chained, boys!

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:40 am

Keep us updated man, here's hoping for a speedy recovery.
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

Neurotic Anomaly

Post by Neurotic Anomaly » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:58 am

Got an update.

So I just took a shower. Seems trivial right? Wrong.
My leg is swollen to the knee, and it cannot, under any circumstance, be made vertical. If it is, it feels like my leg is being amputated. the 1800s way.
It has to remain horizontal, preferably above my heart.

So taking a shower was... awkward. I had to sit down, which made it difficult when trying to wash my ass. And my leg had to sit outside the shower opening on another chair, which, because it was swollen, caused it to fall asleep. It sucked, but always the optimist, I was laughing while struggling to get clean.
It almost seems that I'm making light of a potentially serious situation. And I am. But hey, one can't remain livid and morose while hoping to make a full recovery. I actually have a lot to be jovial about, considering the myriad of ways this could have been worse. I'm in high cotton right now, no fever, no respiratory or platelet problems, no discoloring, no internal bleeding. And I believe that state of mind plays a role in physical recovery, I've seen the effects the mind can have on a person's body.

So this is my semi-humorous update written with glee. lol

Next time you guys take a shower, put a chair in it, sit down and cross your legs, then try and wash your ass. It will make you better at problem solving.
שד ציד

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:09 am

This is even finnier than my 'sword to the knee' fiasco. Did they manage to identify what snake it was or did they just administer all-purpose antivenom?
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Neurotic Anomaly

Post by Neurotic Anomaly » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:20 pm

LOL What was, my showering experience?

They never figured it out exactly, but they think it may have been a Copperhead. I didn't get an anti-venom at all, strangely enough. They hooked me to an IV and used it to administer any pain relievers I may need and antibiotics, and they've already stuck me five times. In the same area to draw blood.

HEY THERIN, IT WAS A COPPERHEAD, NOT A COTTONMOUTH LIKE I SAID IN THE CHAT! MY BAD! :lol:
שד ציד

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:21 pm

Still cool sounding though. lol.

joshvillen

Post by joshvillen » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:46 pm

Shiiiit, we have tons of those around here. I was under the impression although poisonous they weren't that bad.

Neurotic Anomaly

Post by Neurotic Anomaly » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:35 pm

They're not horrible, but cause some severe swelling. It all depends on how much venom you get, whether or not it's a warning strike or an actual strike.
I supposedly got bit by a young one, and luckily got a small dose because they can't control how much venom they inject.

Yup Therin, my name will have to be 'Xiuhcoatl Copperhead" lol
שד ציד

Neurotic Anomaly

Post by Neurotic Anomaly » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:29 pm

just thought I'd leave this here. I blacked out my eyes anyway, even though I didn't really think it needed it.

And yes, that is a towel. Improvised as a mask. Ingenuity FTW.
Attachments
Picture0063.JPG
I was bored. So I decided to make a pic.
שד ציד

joshvillen

Post by joshvillen » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:50 pm

Dare op completed hahahaha

Neurotic Anomaly

Post by Neurotic Anomaly » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:52 pm

If only this was a dare op. lmao

Things are moving along nicely. I'm no longer in ICU, I was just moved into a regular room. That means no more being attached to cables and wires and other various machines. It also means no more blood tests.
I can actually move around now!
I also got a better bed, which is good because sleeping was borderline impossible in ICU. So I'm happy, I should be out of here tomorrow.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
שד ציד

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:35 am

Good to hear. How long will you be 'out of action'? I assume you can't exactly start doing backflips now.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Neurotic Anomaly

Post by Neurotic Anomaly » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:40 am

Probably another week, just long enough for the inflammation to go down. As of now, that is the only thing keeping me from walking.
שד ציד

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:47 am

That's not too bad. When I sustained my last severe leg injury I wasn't supposed to do anything "extreme" for about a month. But within a fortnight I was already doing sword practise and performing small ops. (oh yeah, I'm such a rebel)

Neurotic Anomaly

Post by Neurotic Anomaly » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:15 am

Hehe, I knew I wasn't the only tenacious one. :D

I plan on doing some physical activities when I get home; my own physical therapy so to speak, and see if I can't get this leg back to being a useful tool of this body.

So what happened to you with your leg injury?
שד ציד

Teutoni

Post by Teutoni » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:09 am

Haha I appreciate the picture. Glad to hear you're going to be out soon.
Keep 'em chained, boys!

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:35 am

Neurotic Anomaly wrote:So what happened to you with your leg injury?
I used to be an operative like you, then I took a sword to the knee.

Lucian Neo

Post by Lucian Neo » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:09 pm

Well this is a good reason not to do solo ops. :P At least I was there to carry your ass half way out of there. And that was a decent size trip. Happy my step-dad told you to go to the hospital eh? So all's good. I searched for your "lost items" No luck there I'm afraid. :/ sorry bro. I'll do some more searching though.
Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the hell is the ceiling?

People are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs;)

Neurotic Anomaly

Post by Neurotic Anomaly » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:19 pm

keep looking Lucian, there's no way they could be lost. We didn't go that far. Also, check Michael's room where I was playing Black Ops before we left.

Anyway, I'm home now finally. It is good, but still boring since I have to keep the leg elevated all the time and I can only move around with crutches. But I plan to be up and walking soon enough.
שד ציד

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:23 pm

Welcome back. how is the swelling?

Neurotic Anomaly

Post by Neurotic Anomaly » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:13 am

Thanks^^

The swelling has decreased substantially to almost completely gone. So far the only thing keeping me off my feet is the area immediately surrounding the bite site, which isn't as inflamed as it was before either. So until that site heals a little more I'll remain crutch-ridden.
As of now I can put some weight on it, but not all of it. Which is why I still can't walk.
שד ציד

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:21 am

Spray the crutches black and go opping. No officer is going to believe someone's house was infiltrated by a cripple. :P

Lucian Neo

Post by Lucian Neo » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:31 am

I've looked like everywhere! It's just so small. I think I'm in the wrong area of the field. >.> I was more worried about the guy in pain than the surroundings. I can knock out people, not a snake bite
Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the hell is the ceiling?

People are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs;)

Neurotic Anomaly

Post by Neurotic Anomaly » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:17 am

It's been sometime, looking around it's good to see that this place doesn't seem to have changed too much since I last logged in, which was the better half of forever ago. I still remember this incident vividly and now I get a great laugh out of the entire ordeal.

But being back, I can't seem to figure out how to access the chat room. Has this changed, or? It's likely just me.
שד ציד

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:44 am

Click the 'Chat' link at the top of the page. How long since your last login? Caught up on the NOPCON threads?

Lynx

Post by Lynx » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:22 pm

Welcome back, Neuro!
Don't take it too seriously, you're not coming out of it alive.

Neurotic Anomaly

Post by Neurotic Anomaly » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:24 am

I have! The entire ordeal was one the more interesting things that I've read, I'm glad you guys were able to make everything come together. I was very unhappy when I learned that I would be unable to make it due to financial and other complications, but it was fun reading how everyone else handled it. I last logged in well before the first NOPCON began, as I remember talking with I believe it was Therin about it in the chat. he was asking me if I'd be able to make it and I expressed that I likely wouldn't be able to. We both mused about what and who might be there and I really wish I could have made it.

And thanks Lynx, it's good to get back in this place.
שד ציד